bought all three Beatle Antholgy LP's

The history and music of the Fab Four
rictified

bought all three Beatle Antholgy LP's

Post by rictified »

I just bought all three in LP in separate auctions on ebay, (was not cheap) I've had them before in cassette, heard them in CD of course, but still like the LP format for sound. These do sound great, anyone else here have them on LP?
ric325v63
Veteran RRF member

Re: bought all three Beatle Antholgy LP's

Post by ric325v63 »

Yes, I got each one of them at the same time the CDs came out in 1995 and 1996. I think I only played each one once. The sound was fine but I wanted to keep the vinyl and the packaging in new shape.
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Very cool...congrats! I have the CDs, and listen to them constantly.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

I have all three on vinyl, but I've never opened them.
rictified

Post by rictified »

Mine were unopened also, the sound is great, blows away the CD's. They're probably not going for a lot more than when they were new, the only I paid a lot for was #1 which with shipping was 46.00, (and I just had no patience on that one, one I was watching went for less than 25.00) the other two were about 30-35.00 each with shipping. I don't know that these will ever be worth a lot as they are for sale unopened on ebay all the time. If you have a good turntable you should be able to play them without hurting them. I have an Abbey Road half speed master I bought sometime during the late 70's which still sounds great.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

rictified wrote:I just bought all three in LP in separate auctions on ebay, (was not cheap) I've had them before in cassette, heard them in CD of course, but still like the LP format for sound. These do sound great, anyone else here have them on LP?
I do!
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

Yes. I stayed up late to get the midnight madness opening for them on CD's. I'm glad I did.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”