Re: Groovy Beatles pictures

Post by brammy »

[quote="brammy"]

Sorry. Yoko..... horrible silly total crapp ----- ola
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

I hear ya. The lyrical concepts are positive, inclusive, maybe a little naive, and kind. I guess I need that right now.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
brammy

Post by brammy »

cavern26.PNG
brammy

Post by brammy »

Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Here's a fine article featuring the influence of Mona Best on the early Beatles:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... nager.html

Nice expansion on the legend of the Beatles. The more the base of knowledge grows, the more it's possible see that events such as the Ringo's replacement of Pete were not personal attacks, but simply the progression of people's lives. I'm glad that the Beatles' relationship with the Best's carried on behind the scenes.
brammy

Post by brammy »

Nice article...... and gives rise to a great Beatles trivia question...........
"Who was Lester Piggott"
https://www.bbc.com/sport/horse-racing/46449180
brammy

Post by brammy »

SHOCKING!
brammy

Post by brammy »

An online friend of mine recently showed me these items which she received from the Beatles Fan Club, back in the day:
LM-fanflub.PNG
LM-autographs.PNG
And she's saved concert tickets:
LM-tickets.PNG
brammy

Post by brammy »

Now.... I have a feeling that some of you might want to comment on the authenticity of those autographs.
This might help.....

https://live.autographmagazine.com/foru ... et-scammed

https://www.fab4collectibles.com/authen ... graphs.htm

real autographs:
LM-real1.PNG
LM-real2.PNG
LM-real3.PNG
LM-real4.PNG
brammy

Post by brammy »

Here's my friends story of seeing the Beatles in Toronto in 64 and 65 AND 66 (quoted by permission)

I went in '65 and '66. I also went in '64 but lost my stubs. Dumb. I did keep all my programmes. I was 14 to 16 and worked washing dishes in a restaurant in Fort Erie, where I still live, and Harold Ballard the owner of Maple Leaf Gardens used to go to the Fort Erie race track. Afterward, the owner of the restaurant would put on private BBQ's for him. He gave the owner's nieces and myself tickets every year. Big bucks...$5.50.

The individual performances weren't very long including the Beatle's section, maybe 20 to 30 minutes. I remember some of the other acts, Jackie, deShannon, Sounds Incorporated and the Cyrcle. I honestly don't remember many because I wasn't there to see them but those ones stood out. It was over 50 years ago! I took a photo which was basically a black blob with a bright spot in the center with four ants barely visible. The good old days of high class photography for a 14 year old. Flashbulbs were of course useless in those conditions. The screaming was God awful. I couldn't hear for a week. I was so pi$$ed at the screamers because I wanted to hear the music. The sound wasn't great anyway because it was put through the stadium speakers, not meant for concerts but for hockey. My parents took me one year, on the way to vacationing in BC, and they could hear them better outside because the sound went out through the vents!!!

The streets were mob scenes before and after their arrival as was the area around their hotel. They had all kinds of decoy cars and finally announced that The Beatles were already inside the building so most stopped paying close attention. My mother, who was a character, was waiting outside and saw a car pull up to a service entrance and the window was open just a crack. She said "Hello John Lennon" and he said "Hello nice lady". My parents saw them from a few feet away!

The DJ was Jungle Jay Nelson from CHUM radio, one of the earliest to my knowledge to feature The Beatles' music in North America. I just remember everyone booing him doing his Ed Sullivan act. He was very popular but not when he made us wait!

One moment that stood out was in '65 (I think) when Paul actually managed to shush the crowd a little bit but as soon as he said "Yes" of "Yesterday" the screams resumed. Arghhh. Another girl managed to crawl on stage beside John. He tousled her hair and she fainted like she was hit by a bullet.

I saw Paul about 7 or 8 years ago at the AC Center in Toronto. I had been leery thinking it might be anticlimactic but was not disappointed. He put on a marvellous show. He brought the house down when he had the local Paris - Port Dover Pipe Band play Mull of Kintyre with him. Dang, I've been a piper since I was a kid. I would have given my front teeth to play! I did play Happy Birthday on the pipes for King George VI at the Toronto Film Festival in 2012 however...actually for Colin Firth who played King George VI. I guess you could call that a little truthful hyperbole. I figured it would get his attention in the crowd and it worked. He said that was a first. No doubt. I also had the good fortune of visiting Liverpool in '69 during my nursing training with a friend whose god father Arthur had some executive position at Aintree and Fazakerley Hospital there. He had some connections and got us into the Cavern although it was closed then. There were all kinds of autographs all over the walls. It really was a dump but if those walls could talk! Crazy that they tore it down.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Cool stories and memories!
brammy

Post by brammy »

From the same source, here's a pix taken in front of the stage before the Beatles went on stage in Toronto in 1965
LM-toronto65.PNG
brammy

Post by brammy »

.... and good old Pete Best
LM-peteapix.PNG
LM-peteauto.PNG
brammy

Post by brammy »

boots 4.jpg
boots 3.jpg