Beatlesuits.com

The history and music of the Fab Four
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Beatlesuits.com

Post by JakeK »

http://www.beatlesuits.com/

Is this NOT a cool site?

I'm particuarly intrigued with the "Shea" jacket...my holy grail for all Beatle clothing!
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Re: Beatlesuits.com

Post by simer4001 »

My son purchased a Sgt. Pepper drumhead from Russ for me a couple of years ago. Looks good next to the MMT bass.
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Russ is one of the gold standard-makers for this kind of stuff.
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

I always thought that the Beatles were sharp dressers. Although I didn't particularly care for the collarless suits, the rest from AHDN, Ed Sullivan, the Bodukan Suit, and even the Shea Stadium were pretty sharp looking. (I'd like to see my fife and drum corps in the Shea Stadium Jacket.)

JimK
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I like the crosswalk coat for myself. 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

TheBeatwear website is pretty cool as well, and they even have the boots! I bought a pair of Winklepickers about three years ago and they're still going strong. :D

http://www.beatwear.co.uk/
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Glad to see this thread is about Fab Four clothing.... initally I thought it might be about law suits !
When I first saw the heading :? I thought it was sombody making a thread to chronical all the Beatle's legal battles and stuff over the years..... "You Never Give Me Your Money...." :cry: :( :?
Regards
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Dang, I wish I would have found out about this site before I bought a new suit for my upcoming wedding. The Sullivan suit is exactly what I wanted (maybe sans the velvet collar).
peewee
Intermediate Member

Post by peewee »

kiramdear wrote:I like the crosswalk coat for myself. 8)
+1! I've been digging this coat for quite awhile now, eventually I'll buy the thing! This guy is just about 45 minutes to an hour from my place.
Wherever you go, there you are
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Cool Mike, I hope you post a pic when you get it. I think it would look great on a man or a woman, and I've always liked the "English gentry" influence in the Mod and unisex styles. It seems the sexually ambiguous fashions like to come and go every fifteen years or so, just when skinny models return to the fore. Then we get tired of looking at those and get back to the Jane Russell type models again. :roll: 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
Backpages66

Post by Backpages66 »

I bought the Shea Stadium jacket from that site. Killer stuff and the Abbey Road crosswalk jacket will be next someday. Make sure if you get the Shea jacket you also get the Wells Fargo badge.
Leave blue green footprints that glow in the dark,
I hope they get home all right.
beatlejon
Veteran RRF member

Post by beatlejon »

Im getting married in September...I ordered my beatle boots yesterday from guitarden.com...I debating on getting the shea outfit or the Sullivan...I think I may go for the Shea suit because you really dont see that kind of suit at weddings...may be kinda cool!

Jon
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

During the 80s, Beatle Boots and Chelsea Boots were really popular and available in a number of colors and styles, especially at places like the Electric Chair in Huntington Beach, and Let It Rock in Hollywood, along with a number of other clothing and shoe places along Melrose Avenue in Hollywood.

Lots of folks wore them; there's an 80s era pic of Bob Dylan wearing what we now refer to as "skinny jeans" with a pair of Beatle Boots, and 80s German Metal heads "The Scorpions" are all wearing them in at least one of their videos from the period.

I like the fact that the Beatle suits are available; to find anything similar, one used to have to go to a vintage/used store and hope for the best!
Last edited by paologregorio on Thu May 21, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
peewee
Intermediate Member

Post by peewee »

beatlejon wrote:Im getting married in September...I ordered my beatle boots yesterday from guitarden.com...I debating on getting the shea outfit or the Sullivan...I think I may go for the Shea suit because you really dont see that kind of suit at weddings...may be kinda cool!

Jon

Hey Jon, many, many congratulations, my friend! I was married in September as well - perfect time of the year, IMHO.

Kira, I will most certainly do that. I love the overall look of that coat; just timeless.
Wherever you go, there you are
sjb-66

Post by sjb-66 »

Here is another good source for Beatles clothing and Boots:

http://www.beatwear.co.uk/

I purchased the Lennon Boots and they are great!

Karl

oops , sorry I see it was already posted
"i'll never be more than what I am,...Just a swingin' little Guitar Man!"

Return to “Beatles' Forum”