Veteran RRF member

Re: Beatlesuits.com

Post by iamthebassman »

Here we are in our Sullivan suits we got from Russ:
johneek
Advanced Member

Post by johneek »

So where can you get a Sgt Pepper jacket?
peewee
Intermediate Member

Post by peewee »

johneek wrote:So where can you get a Sgt Pepper jacket?

Used to wear something very similar during high school back in the late '70s - a marching band jacket from Topeka High School, 1957. Very much the same style and too cool! Best bet would be to scour quality consignment shops or the 'Net.
Wherever you go, there you are
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

iamthebassman wrote:Here we are in our Sullivan suits we got from Russ:
You are a dapper looking group of gents!
rayspaceboy

Post by rayspaceboy »

Have any of you tried the less expensive Shea Stadium Jackets from cosplaysky.com $89.99
http://cosplaysky.com/the-beatles-at-sh ... stume.html

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

The buttons on the Cosplay jacket are the wrong size and style. The fabric looks wrong as well.

You gets what you pays fer...if you're serious about nice clothing, Russ is your man.

I've got one of Russ' Shea jackets, and it's amazing. The buttons are even specially molded. The fabric is a wool worsted that wears beautifully and just says, "quality".

I've also got a Crosswalk jacket--Kira's right--this is THE one to have. The cut is classic and fit is terrific. I also bought from Russ black pants from the same material. Weird but nice is that both of these items, though black wool, do NOT hold lint or dust, and always look newly-cleaned. Again, fit on both pants and Crosswalk jacket are right on.

Russ is a great guy to deal with; you can talk directly to him and customer service is very, very good!
rayspaceboy

Post by rayspaceboy »

I certainly would prefer to get one from Russ however I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago about if they can make size 32 (site shows 38 as smallest) but have received no answer.

The e-mail link on his website (russlease@comcast.net ) did not work, so I used russ@beatlesuits.com
And since the website looks like it was made in the geocities days I figured they were no more and went looking for other options.

Here are color varieties from a shop in Argentina
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 518&type=3
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I had another close look at my Lease Shea Stadium jacket, and there's no comparison with the cosplay one. Russ' is accurate down to the buttons and how the jacket fits. Cosplay makes no bones about the fact that they make "costumes", I'm thinking because of some technicality like quotas on imports or exports, or possibly duties on same.

Michael Jackson "Thriller" jackets for $140.00? Must be some nasty vinyl...

Last time I spoke to Russ must have been a couple of years ago. I sincerely hope he's still plugging along...
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Dang!

Saw this site last year, happily forgot about it. Now it is back in my mind:

"Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, ..."

- GAS got me back.
brammy

Post by brammy »

With my extra wide feet, I could never have been a Beatle
boots.jpg
Other than that, I naturally think I'm fully qualified.
rayspaceboy

Post by rayspaceboy »

Hotzenplotz wrote:Dang!

Saw this site last year, happily forgot about it. Now it is back in my mind:

"Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, Rubber Soul jacket, ..."

- GAS got me back.
Here is one for that is certainly close enough for half the price $159.99
http://www.leatherjacketshowroom.com/be ... acket.html
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Found that in former times, too.

Personally I would prefer the more expensive one. - Why?
Well, the one jacket is made in the US under US laws with leather from the North America, AFAIK.

There are a lot of leather cloths out that are made in e.g. Pakistan. And in these countries they handle the chrome III / VI problem for leather a bit different.
See as a start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium#C ... um.28IV.29

I case of doubt I would feed my piggy bank a bit more to feel right about that.

In August of 2011 I wrote to the more pricey store. They answered that these jackets are stitched in Pakistan. Maybe today it is different...

Addtionally I compared the jackets. The more expensive one is closer to the original.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

I got a Budokan suit from them, and it's aces!

Return to “Beatles' Forum”