Scorsese's Harrison biopic trailer

The history and music of the Fab Four
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: Scorsese's Harrison biopic trailer

Post by JakeK »

George Harrison has always been an idol of mine. Most of the Beatles fans I know will always look up to John or occasionally Paul. I don't have a favorite Beatle; they're all important any way you look at it. But George is the one I'm most fond of. Like Jim has stated, his wit is one of the things I've always loved about him. He was also a fantastic player, he never overplayed any song...at all. Tom Petty said when you hung out with him, he had some sort of power that made you forget he was a Beatle, and instead just a lover of guitars and music. Every interview I've seen of him, he always seemed to me like he was a really nice guy. Norm Harris told me George was exactly that. He had a fantastic guitar collection, too, he hung on to all the essentials, and if he gave it away, he made sure he wanted to do it.

I can't wait for a Stateside release of this bio pic. I'm definitely buying it.

And also, I plan to get his Dark Horse Years box set for Christmas. It's been one I've been wanting for a while now, and I believe this is the year I'm going to get it.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Here's a trailer, man it looks good, too bad there's no Stateside release yet, might have to import it from Amazon UK (my desktop is set to region 2 because I have DVDs from the UK):
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

I can't wait to see this.
Though I've noticed in a few books George is treated rather badly: Geoff Emerick's, Tony Bramwell's (both insiders) and by the author of that excellent recent McCartney bio (name evades me at this time).
I Don't suppose any of them were interviewed!
Remo

Post by Remo »

JakeK wrote:He was also a fantastic player, he never overplayed any song...at all.
Right in the center
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

this is very cool
RobRick

Post by RobRick »

I will be buying this. George deserves a bio pic like this, credit for this great artist is well over due.
caliban335

Post by caliban335 »

I'll be anxious to see this. Scorsese is an excellent film-maker and Harrison is a fascinating topic.
frickengruvin

Post by frickengruvin »

I'm on the UK pr-order list. If I'm not mistaken, that dvd is an all regions release.....
brammy

Post by brammy »

beat-gen-6154.jpg
cant wait
brammy

Post by brammy »

ricmic

Post by ricmic »

Shamustwin is right about Geoff Emerick's book. He was pretty hard on George. He was there, I wasn't. Still, I thought he could have gone easy. Just my thought. Mark
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

frickengruvin wrote:If I'm not mistaken, that dvd is an all regions release.....
God, I hope so!
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

It's also available from iTunes from the 10th Oct. £9.99 for the movie, no extra's.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/george ... d461563643
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

JakeK wrote:
frickengruvin wrote:If I'm not mistaken, that dvd is an all regions release.....
God, I hope so!
I'm sure Geoff's impressions are accurate. George wasn't one to supress his feelings and I think he wasn't very happy being a Beatle by 1966.

I liked how they used "Anthology" footage to continue some of the stories that were shortned in that doc. I thought part 2 was better than part 1. It would have been nice to see more footage of his later albums. I haven't really heard anything from Olivia in the past that seemed deep and personal but I think she was genuine in her interviews.

Dhani's segments were great, because of all the great guitars hanging on the wall. :)

Overall, I was pleased with the program and touched in a couple of parts.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

That is excellent news,Jeff,thanks!! I will be looking for the dvd soon...

Return to “Beatles' Forum”