Scorsese's Harrison biopic trailer

The history and music of the Fab Four
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: Scorsese's Harrison biopic trailer

Post by JakeK »

The way Phil's beady little eyes were always opened wide with no blinking made me think he didn't have eyelids! :shock:
Attachments
PDVD_001.JPG
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

I saw Ringo on Jay Leno after George had died and I think Ringo was doing that tribute song. But he talked with Leno a bit before he performed. Ringo told one story about visiting George not too much prior to his death. Ringo apparently had some minor affliction and George was very concerned and wanted to know what he could do to help. Ringo said that's how big the guy's heart was... here he was dying and he was more worried about Ringo.
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
elisha wiesner

Post by elisha wiesner »

I really want to see this movie.
servant

Post by servant »

manta wrote:I saw Ringo on Jay Leno after George had died and I think Ringo was doing that tribute song. But he talked with Leno a bit before he performed. Ringo told one story about visiting George not too much prior to his death. Ringo apparently had some minor affliction and George was very concerned and wanted to know what he could do to help. Ringo said that's how big the guy's heart was... here he was dying and he was more worried about Ringo.
That might be the story he was telling at the end of this movie. Ringo's daughter was in Boston with a brain tumor; George was bed-ridden in a hospice in Switzerland. Ringo went to visit him on his way to be with his daughter and told George, "I have to go to Boston." George, who couldn't even sit up, replied, "do you want me to come with you?"
pag
Intermediate Member

Post by pag »

A "heads up" as you say in America.....
George Harrison-living in the Material World is being broadcast on BBC2 this Saturday and Sunday November 12th and 13th at 9pm.
George managed to be very spiritual but at the same time very much down to earth,in other words a true Northerner.
Looking forward to the documentary.
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

servant wrote:
That might be the story he was telling at the end of this movie. Ringo's daughter was in Boston with a brain tumor; George was bed-ridden in a hospice in Switzerland. Ringo went to visit him on his way to be with his daughter and told George, "I have to go to Boston." George, who couldn't even sit up, replied, "do you want me to come with you?"
Dean,

Yes, that sounds more like it than my version. It was past my bedtime!! :wink:

I've always enjoyed his songwriting and innovative playing and when he came out against the taxman, he had me as a forever fan. Wonderful career to follow and ended too soon. I tried to download the doc from UK iTunes but it won't let me as I have a US Apple i.d. But I'll figure a way to see it.

Best,
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
brammy

Post by brammy »

So whats the story with this.... can we only get it from the UK?

Why cant we get a regular region 1 DVD here in the USofA for Christmas?
Sounds like an international conspiracy to me.
brammy

Post by brammy »

And speaking of Phil Spector, he is doing well in jail. He recently won the Cell Block C Gollum Lookalike Contest and is reported to be adjusting well to his new surroundings.
phil.jpg
JAILED music legend Phil Spector has told of his terror at being held in a "snake pit" prison with crazed killers.

Music legend Phil Spector roughed up for mouthing off to fellow inmate, says pal Steven Escobar

Phil Spector from Prison: ‘I’m Enraged with Hate at That Judge for Sending Me Here’

Jailed music mogul Phil Spector is set to earn thousands of dollars behind bars from the re-release of his back catalogue. Record bosses at Sony Music have announced they will put out 12 albums of Spector-produced songs, including four re-mastered "best of" compilations, a seven-disc box set, and his seminal Christmas album.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”