McCartney's new album

The history and music of the Fab Four
scotty

Re: McCartney's new album

Post by scotty »

:lol: Ok as a UK member i thought it was a plastic lackluster performance.Really Bruce Springsteen should cringe when looking back at this performance.As for the LP i so wanted Paul to be better but sadly it doesnt do anything for me.
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

scotty wrote::lol: Ok as a UK member i thought it was a plastic lackluster performance.Really Bruce Springsteen should cringe when looking back at this performance.As for the LP i so wanted Paul to be better but sadly it doesnt do anything for me.
Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but are you suggesting that the fact that your from the UK makes you a better judge of music?
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
scotty

Post by scotty »

congerz83 wrote:
scotty wrote::lol: Ok as a UK member i thought it was a plastic lackluster performance.Really Bruce Springsteen should cringe when looking back at this performance.As for the LP i so wanted Paul to be better but sadly it doesnt do anything for me.
Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but are you suggesting that the fact that your from the UK makes you a better judge of music?
Absouletly! It would be rude to think otherwise.
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

I just didn't think the man stunk it up enough to "hang up the gloves". As far as Springsteen, the blame should go to the ponjone that was behind the board controlling his volume. He was barely audible...

For his age, I really can't beat the man up over this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhR4zDOa8Zc

His range may have faded quite a bit, but at least he's still got the stones to sing all the songs in the original key. Hmmm, same with Bruce now that I think about it...

In fact, I can't beat him up at all... It was a great way to close the show. Paul can still make people smile. But then again, I'm only an american... 8)
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

congerz83 wrote:
Too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course he is Rick. :wink:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

winston wrote:Too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course he is Rick. :wink:

Ok. I was just making sure. :lol:

To be serious, I've been one of the most critical of McCartney's latest showings...

I really liked Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. Memory Almost Full had it's moments, for the most part I thought it stunk. I have the exact feeling about Electric Arguments. I've seen Paul live three times and it's always a good time. He has a very good backing band behind him. I just wish to hell he'd bring a damn string quartet with him on tour. He should bring a horn section. This shouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities, he had a horn section for most of the Wings live performances. I can't stand everything being played on the keyboard. It sounds very tacky.
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

I'm not sure which key the Boss was playing in but he was terrible. Paul needs a break from touring. Take a year to rest his voice, write some songs, hire a real producer who will kick him in the *** and release one last good album. Not great mind you...good!
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

simer4001 wrote:I'm not sure which key the Boss was playing in but he was terrible. Paul needs a break from touring. Take a year to rest his voice, write some songs, hire a real producer who will kick him in the *** and release one last good album. Not great mind you...good!
Simer c'mon, the guy running the board was Springsteen's problem.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”