McCartney's new album

The history and music of the Fab Four
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Re: McCartney's new album

Post by gregga41 »

Guys, don't get me wrong, i'm a huge macca fan, have been since i was 6 years old. I just can't get into his last 3 or 4 albums, they just don't sit right with me. I bought 'pipes of peace', played it once, hated it! I'll be first in line if and when he tours Australia again. I saw him at Melbourne's M.C.G in '93, and that's, wow, 19 years ago!
Melma

Post by Melma »

I think the songs on Memory Almost Full were good, but the production ... I have never heard such a tragic casualty of the loudness war.
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

Paul doesn't play bass , guitar or piano on this album. He describes it as an album that you listen to after a day at work drinking a glass of wine or a cup of tea. in my opinion he has made several albums like that. He has packed it in. I am disappointed this is what he is doing.
MaplegloMatt

Post by MaplegloMatt »

I too have been a huge Macca fan for decades. I usually buy most of what he puts out but I agree that his last couple of albums did nothing for me. Then just when you think it's over, he puts out the Fireman album which personally I'd put in with his some of his best solo work. Run Devil Run was great, his song " I Want to Come Home" for the Diniro movie was very good, so you never know. I think I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt and pick up a copy.
Beat Poet

Post by Beat Poet »

ilan wrote:From his website: "In the studio, the recording of this album was also a new challenge for Paul who, for the first time ever, performed exclusively in the vocal booth without no instrument – no guitar, no bass, no piano - which led to a vocal performance like no other in his career."
Hmmm, I somehow can't believe that!
Do you need real drum tracks? http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk/
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

At times he seems to err on the side of schlock. :|

I fear this may be one of those times. :?
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

No one has mentioned the title: "Kisses On The Bottom". :oops: :roll:

All I can say is I hope he lives to make at least one more. :lol:
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
RobRick

Post by RobRick »

That is quite an interesting title! Quite a mental image! Ha ha!
brammy

Post by brammy »

simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

I liked the last Fireman album and I hoped the next album would be on par with that. If Paul is attempting to go from Rock God to lounge act I think he may have finally succeeded.
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

simer4001 wrote: If Paul is attempting to go from Rock God to lounge act I think he may have finally succeeded.
... That's what scares me. I have to say, I enjoyed last night's performance of "The End". The only issue to me was whoever was working the board did a TERRIBLE job with Springsteen's guitar volume.

My Valentine is a catchy and enjoyable tune, but when I saw Paul sitting on the stool with the white blazer, my first thought was ... ROD STEWART. :? It was a VERY eerie feeling.
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

My first post in months, and once again I've managed to stop a thread in it's tracks.

Si-Man?
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Sorry if this does not sit well with some of his fans, but after seeing him on the Grammy Awards........ I reckon it's time he retired to the country.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

winston wrote:... but after seeing him on the Grammy Awards....
I was pretty shaken by his performance, too. Suddenly, it seems, Paul got old. His voice sounded thin and tremulous, while his range was significantly diminished.
Rics ... and some other stuff....
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

winston wrote:Sorry if this does not sit well with some of his fans, but after seeing him on the Grammy Awards........ I reckon it's time he retired to the country.
I didn't think "The End" was all that bad... Perhaps I was jaded by seeing Springsteen up there with him. (My two favorite artists).

Return to “Beatles' Forum”