Let it Bieber!

The history and music of the Fab Four
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Re: Let it Bieber!

Post by bosco64 »

IvanMunoz wrote:
ricmic wrote:I don't know how many of you sing as well as play. I will be the first one to tell you that any thing performed by the "Beatles" is tuff to sing. It is exceedingly tuff to perform to a discerning audience. Please give the kid a break. Mark
Beatles songs aren't hard to sing and play IMO, probably because that all I listen to though. :roll: :lol: 8) :mrgreen:
Trying to play the walking bassline on "All My Loving" and singing at the same time is one of the hardest things I've ever done...hands down!
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

bosco64 wrote:
IvanMunoz wrote:
ricmic wrote:I don't know how many of you sing as well as play. I will be the first one to tell you that any thing performed by the "Beatles" is tuff to sing. It is exceedingly tuff to perform to a discerning audience. Please give the kid a break. Mark
Beatles songs aren't hard to sing and play IMO, probably because that all I listen to though. :roll: :lol: 8) :mrgreen:
Trying to play the walking bassline on "All My Loving" and singing at the same time is one of the hardest things I've ever done...hands down!
I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I find that easy. What I find extremely hard though is coordinating my left and right hand while playing piano. :roll:
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

IvanMunoz wrote:I still like him. :wink:
Ivan, stop posting images of yourself :lol:

I guess most of us don't hate Bieber (good name for a rodent, btw) but rather remember when artists were actually good without any artificial tampering!
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Wildberry wrote:
IvanMunoz wrote:I still like him. :wink:
Ivan, stop posting images of yourself :lol:

I guess most of us don't hate Bieber (good name for a rodent, btw) but rather remember when artists were actually good without any artificial tampering!
I will agree with you. He's good with out the slight pitch correction, I don't think he needs it. He is the ONLY new artist I like.
servant

Post by servant »

bosco64 wrote:Trying to play the walking bassline on "All My Loving" and singing at the same time is one of the hardest things I've ever done...hands down!
Well, then, you must not do Taxman! :-) That middle-eight is a killer, whether you are singing lead or backup.

If you drive a car, car...
......................I'll tax the street...

and:

If you get too cold, cold...
.......................I'll tax the heat...
brammy

Post by brammy »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20120102
green.jpg
Is it just me or does this guy not have a good singing voice at all?

As for Beiber...... 15% talent, 85% teen idol ootsie-cutsie packaging. We've seen it a billion times.... as soon as he starts looking
a little older another teen heart throb will come along and then it'll be time for Beiber to stand or fall on his talent. It'll then be 'Beiber...who?'
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

brammy wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20120102
green.jpg
Is it just me or does this guy not have a good singing voice at all?

As for Beiber...... 15% talent, 85% teen idol ootsie-cutsie packaging. We've seen it a billion times.... as soon as he starts looking
a little older another teen heart throb will come along and then it'll be time for Beiber to stand or fall on his talent. It'll then be 'Beiber...who?'
Thats why he is getting it all in in the short halflife of stardom he has left.
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Cee-Lo changed the whole meaning of the song. I'm more of a McCartney guy, and that upsets me! :evil:
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

IvanMunoz wrote:He is the ONLY new artist I like.
What about Graham Alexander?
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
nukebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by nukebass »

I think it sounded pretty good. It at least sounds as good as any McCartney version in the past 20 years that I've heard. The band seemed pretty good, though I wasn't impressed with Santana's solo (it's really hard for me to not want to hear the Harrison album cut). I don't understand the general hatred of the kid. I'm not into his music, but he's doing his own thing. Maybe one day he'll be a great creative musician. Right now he's playing the teenage idol.

I also don't know why people get upset at Cee Lo changing Imagine. Lennon didn't even like the song years later, so I don't think that he would have cared.

So just Let it Be :mrgreen:
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

egosheep wrote:
IvanMunoz wrote:He is the ONLY new artist I like.
What about Graham Alexander?
When I say new I mean new style. Like new style to me is modern hip hop, rap, you get the point. I guess I should have said modern. That would sum it up more appropriately.
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

IvanMunoz wrote: He is the ONLY new artist I like.
You need to get out more... or explore a broader palette of music.
Halbert

Post by Halbert »

I don't like him myself ( not surprizingly- I'm nearly 50) but I commend you, Ivan, on sticking to your opinion in the face of mounting peer pressure. Like what you like.

( But if you park your car outside my house blasting it, I'm going to shake my fist and yell at you! :lol: )
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Halbert wrote:I don't like him myself ( not surprizingly- I'm nearly 50) but I commend you, Ivan, on sticking to your opinion in the face of mounting peer pressure. Like what you like.

( But if you park your car outside my house blasting it, I'm going to shake my fist and yell at you! :lol: )
Yep, I think he's awesome! I don't have a car yet though, I'd like one, and if I had one, I'd dress like a ganster and blast mozart just to see what people do! :lol: .......and maybe a little Bieber. :P

Return to “Beatles' Forum”