Here comes the sun lost solo

The history and music of the Fab Four
Soulsaman

Here comes the sun lost solo

Post by Soulsaman »

Hey guys,

Just saw a clip that I'm assuming is from the George Harrison documentary. I haven't seen it yet but it shows George, Dhani and Miles listening to some unheard guitar leads from the Here Comes The Sun sessions.

Very cool!

-Al

http://www.andpop.com/2012/01/28/the-be ... iscovered/
analogpackrat

Re: Here comes the sun lost solo

Post by analogpackrat »

Great stuff! Just watching GM's face during the last half is amazing. You can almost see him re-living the session as he hears all of the original tracks.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
nick_whautum

Post by nick_whautum »

Simply genius.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing that.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

OK, I'll make a comment "Devil's Radio": the first half of the "lost" solo is out of context with the rest of the song, and the second half is just out of tune. George Martin made the correct decision in 1969. It has value, however, to study the creative process of the Beatles. I'm glad it has been found. I do agree that the bridge of the song may need a little bit more than the established Abbey Road version, but that particular guitar solo may not be it. Perhaps if the Moog had not been such a new instrumentality, it might have found more voice in the bridge. I'm more impressed with the digital clarity of George's vocals and the Indian influence on his vocal lines, with the turns and inflections that are definitely Eastern, and shows the direction the solo albums post-Beatles were to take. Finally, George taught Dhani well as to the intricacies of Indian music, hence his comment to which George Martin observed the family resemblance. Good show all the way around. Thanks.
FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Post by FretlessOnly »

I'm hearing a b7 bluesy feel over what is a very Major-feeling chord structure. Interesting to hear, but it does sound awkward musically.
Can we have everything louder than everything else?
Billsbro

Post by Billsbro »

iiipopes wrote:OK, I'll make a comment "Devil's Radio": the first half of the "lost" solo is out of context with the rest of the song, and the second half is just out of tune. George Martin made the correct decision in 1969. It has value, however, to study the creative process of the Beatles. I'm glad it has been found. I do agree that the bridge of the song may need a little bit more than the established Abbey Road version, but that particular guitar solo may not be it. Perhaps if the Moog had not been such a new instrumentality, it might have found more voice in the bridge. I'm more impressed with the digital clarity of George's vocals and the Indian influence on his vocal lines, with the turns and inflections that are definitely Eastern, and shows the direction the solo albums post-Beatles were to take. Finally, George taught Dhani well as to the intricacies of Indian music, hence his comment to which George Martin observed the family resemblance. Good show all the way around. Thanks.
"Well spoke, Puck!" (Seriously, you have several excellent observations there.)
brammy

Post by brammy »

The best Beatles clip I've seen in a while.... Excellent...... thanks............ :D
pocaloc

Post by pocaloc »

Thanks for sharing. I have to get that documentary.
ShakyDave

Post by ShakyDave »

When The Beatles Anthology came out with all the alternate takes, I was impressed that by and large, what they chose to put out was better than what they rejected. You'd hope that is the case, but it isn't always.
Zurdo

Post by Zurdo »

I heard it and it sucks, no wonder George Martin was the Fifth Beatle.
Rickenbacker 370-12 1966, Hofner 500/1 1966, Gibson ES-150 DCW 1970,
Vox Viscount 1967, Vox Series 90 1969. Yamaha PSR-9000 Midi Sequencer Arranger 2000

Return to “Beatles' Forum”