Here Comes the Sons - BBC report speculation

The history and music of the Fab Four
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Several more on-line news services have picked up the basic story from the BBC.

One news service, The Christian Post, published various comments, blogs and tweets that readers had sent out. One such reader, with a historical (or cynical) approach to his sense of humor, just couldn't Let It Be and posted:

"The kids of the Beatles are thinking about starting a band ... Yoko's daughter is thinking about ruining it." :roll:
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Re: Here Comes the Sons - BBC report speculation

Post by beatbyrd »

8mileshigher wrote: "The kids of the Beatles are thinking about starting a band ... Yoko's daughter is thinking about ruining it." :roll:
That just hit me the right way...... very funny line.
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Melma

Post by Melma »

"The kids of the Beatles are thinking about starting a band ... Yoko's daughter is thinking about ruining it."

.. Hey, leave Sean out of this!

In all seriousness, I have a pretty open mind musically and I think good tunes can come out of just about anywhere. I'm dubious about this idea though. The Beatles were good because they were an organically formed little rock and roll combo. They were not put together by committee, which is what this would be. Picking the less talented Lennon (and possibly the less talented Starkey, who I hear is a bit of a drop kick anyway) certainly would not help things at all.

It'd be different to the Beatles, that's for sure. Of the names being floated here, Dhani is the only one who's really capable of aping his father's musical shtick. James doesn't sound a thing like Paul, despite looking like him. Don't get me started on Sean.

With all that in mind, I'd listen to it, because it's an interesting idea. I really can't help but wonder if this isn't just some journalist running with something that James said though. Can anyone remember when the Beatles were getting back together for Live Aid, with Julian? *cough*
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good comments Scotty.

The Fabs grew up in a very different era and "slugged" it out in the early days to make a living. Their children, while faced with challenging family situations and the loss of two of their fathers and two of their mothers, have never known the down in the trenches personal hardship that the Beatles knew. Will their dreams be as big or the commitment as great? I suspect not. So their journey and outcome, I expect, will be far different. Do we care if it sounds like the Beatles? Probably and for this reason I expect most of the boomer fan base will be disappointed.

So what is the role of genetics in the success of Tomorrow Never Knows? Very hit and miss I would expect. Do you remember Dino, Desi and Billy? Sometimes the apple of talent falls near the tree but rots on the ground before it reaches the market. Given unlimited financial resources and more contacts than you can imagine, however, I suspect that they would turn out a decent CD. Will George Martin's son step up?

Predictions aside, the idea that this event might happen is enough to recreate the romance of the early Beatle days in the minds of many. This in itself might be worth the price of the admission. Only this time fellas, those in Shea Stadium will hear every note so be sure your chops are up to steam.

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,

BUT they've had to live in the shadows of their famous parents since day 1 on planet Earth-o.

I would like to see them give it a try if THEY want to. No producers to ruin it (can you say Black Keys).... just let them spend some time together and see what occurs.

Might be lovely.

But keep the covers to few and far between.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
servant

Post by servant »

admin wrote:...Only this time fellas, those in Shea Stadium Citi Field will hear every note so be sure your chops are up to steam.

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
:D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dean, yes thanks so much. Citi Field it is since 2009 or so isn't it. Ah shucks, just caught up in the romance of the whole idea. :oops:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

A couple of more updates from various reporting sites: :?
= = = = =

The band would apparently be called "The Beatles - the Next Generation" AFP reports.

= = = = =

"I don't think its something Zak wants to do" [James] McCartney admitted to The Telegraph.

= = = = =
James McCartney has clarified his comments on his Facebook page:
James McCartney • 193 subscribers
Tuesday at 11:25am •
Hi Everyone...well, looks like quite some attention being given to my BBC interview! Honestly, I was just thinking out loud about playing with Beatles family friends, nothing more. My band’s going to be on tour in the UK and US for most of this year, and the shows are going great! I'm so grateful…Lots of love to you all…!

= = = = =
The Huffington Post:
As for the chances of the band actually coming to fruition, [James] McCartney says its up to "the will of God" and "nature's support."
Melma

Post by Melma »

My attitude (while George was still alive) was that the Threetles should've had a jam with some of the kids and just released it under a pseudonym.

I still feel that way. I think the Beatles kids' should release some music and just not tell anyone who it is. If for no other reason than it'd be an interesting surprise and a good opportunity to mess with people's heads!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Melma wrote: I think the Beatles kids' should release some music and just not tell anyone who it is. If for no other reason than it'd be an interesting surprise and a good opportunity to mess with people's heads!
Your hidden band idea kind fo reminds me a little of Paul's suggestion for the mystery band "Ricky and the RedStreaks" to get booked at the Roundhouse in London in late 1968 and film the impromtu performance .... which became the core idea for what we know evolved into the Get Back-Let It Be sessions in January 1969.
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Melma wrote:"The kids of the Beatles are thinking about starting a band ... Yoko's daughter is thinking about ruining it."

.. Hey, leave Sean out of this!
Now that is funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
freebyrd

Post by freebyrd »

roger mcguinn's son should be covering the wallflowers next...
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Melma wrote:My attitude (while George was still alive) was that the Threetles should've had a jam with some of the kids and just released it under a pseudonym.

I still feel that way. I think the Beatles kids' should release some music and just not tell anyone who it is. If for no other reason than it'd be an interesting surprise and a good opportunity to mess with people's heads!

I like this idea....but could something like this be kept a secret in this day and age of no secrets?
Melma

Post by Melma »

Of course it could. Secrets are remarkably easy to keep - just don't tell anyone.

Now, whether or not that would happen - I doubt it. People like to blab. But you'd be surprised how easy it is to keep something under wraps.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”