New documentary about the Wash DC concert

The history and music of the Fab Four
Soulsaman

New documentary about the Wash DC concert

Post by Soulsaman »

I just found out about this wanted to share.

http://www.lostbeatlesconcert.com/
jch
Intermediate Member

Re: New documentary about the Wash DC concert

Post by jch »

Cool!

Hopefully that'll be released on dvd later in the year .
brammy

Post by brammy »

I'mmma gonna be there!
Melma

Post by Melma »

Wow. Just one look at the invited talking heads has told me that it's going to be more trouble than it's worth to sit through this thing.
brammy

Post by brammy »

Melma wrote:Wow. Just one look at the invited talking heads has told me that it's going to be more trouble than it's worth to sit through this thing.
yea, that didn't thrill me either.... it it'll be worth it to see it on the big screen and supposedly there is some not-seen-before footage.
Melma

Post by Melma »

Oh! Well that'd be cool.
I'll have to give this a look sometime. But I wasn't joking about the talking heads. I've actually (this is pathetic, I know ...) made my own edits of things like Classic Albums for my personal use where I basically chop out anyone that doesn't need to be there. Hard to come up with examples, but basically anyone from Rolling Stone Magazine, or people like Eddie Vedder (in The Who's "Amazing Journey" doco) or Harvey Kubernick from the Queen - Days Of Our Lives doco last year. Brass tacks, these people contribute nothing to the discussion and are irrelevant. This has nothing to do with music documentaries, but a great example of a good no-nonsense film is "In The Shadow Of The Moon". It's just the astronauts talking, literally. Just the guys who went there, and nothing else. It speaks for itself, it's effective - it's perfect.

It probably sounds like a ridiculous thing to bother doing, but I do a lot of video editing and it's minimal effort to chop these guys out. It makes for a much more pleasant viewing experience once they're out.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”