New McCartney Album?

The history and music of the Fab Four
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

New McCartney Album?

Post by simer4001 »

I just saw this on Jorie's site. I hope it doesn't kiss bottom like his last album did.

Producer reveals details of recent recording sessions and Mark Ronson collaboration

Paul McCartney has begun work on a new release that includes collaborations with Mark Ronson, producer Ethan Johns has revealed.

The former Beatle released his latest album, 'Kisses on the Bottom', only eight months ago but has already completed a series of recording sessions with Ronson and Johns towards a follow-up that sounds like "classic Paul", according to the Kings of Leon producer.

"This is very different to the last album," Johns says. "We've done two sessions already and the third is in a few weeks. It's sounding great. He's still one of the most extraordinary recording talents. There's a song on the record called 'Hosanna' which is absolutely heartbreaking ­ just Paul and an acoustic guitar. It's gorgeous."

He added: "I know he's also been in the studio with Mark Ronson, which I imagine is going to be quite current-sounding."
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Re: New McCartney Album?

Post by bottom4 »

saw that too, Brian! Hoping for a true McCartney classic!
Melma

Post by Melma »

I liked some of the songs on Memory Almost Full, but I have never (and I really mean never) heard such an awful mixing/mastering job.
apollo11
Intermediate Member

Post by apollo11 »

Melma wrote:I liked some of the songs on Memory Almost Full, but I have never (and I really mean never) heard such an awful mixing/mastering job.
I agree 110% Great album, but the worst mastering ever. Like all levels were too high. I bought a 2nd one thinking it may have been the disc. How this could have made it to the marketplace like this is beyond me.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”