CLOSE CALL FOR SIR PAUL

The history and music of the Fab Four
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

CLOSE CALL FOR SIR PAUL

Post by kiramdear »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: This is just too scary to conceive of:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -tops.html
All I wanna do is rock!
electrofaro

Re: CLOSE CALL FOR SIR PAUL

Post by electrofaro »

Sounds more like sensation than a factual news story to me.
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

I love Paul McCartney! So glad this didn't go badly. Lets hope he's invincible!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

IvanMunoz wrote:I love Paul McCartney! So glad this didn't go badly. Lets hope he's invincible!
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Scary but unfortunately yjis kind of thing is not so uncommon.

I was landing in a forest clearing and had just about touched down when a buck bounded in front of me. Pulling up hard, I swear I heard a clunk as his antlers hit the skids. I guess the advantage I had was that the weather was good, it was in daylight, and in a lighter, more responsive 'copter.
FabGearHead

Post by FabGearHead »

That's amazing, John! Two things; I didn't know you were a helicopter pilot, that is great! What type/model helicopter were you flying?

Jim
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Robinson R44 that day. Had it been a Jet Ranger, I imagine there would have been venison for dinner or worse.
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

kiramdear wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: This is just too scary to conceive of:
[/url]
When will great musicians finally realize that airplanes and helicopters are TOXIC???? :oops:

Do I need to post a body list?

Stevie Ray, that "La Bamba" guy, Rick Nelson, Lynrd Skynrd, Buddy Holly,......need I go on?

As a licensed pilot, I know too well how how dangerous 2nd tier aircraft and helicopters in general truly are..... :cry: :shock: :roll:
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

Well....color me EMBARASSED!!! :oops:

....just read that you are a chopper pilot, John........

Well, you gotta admit, a lot of great artists have gone down in planes and choppers....it's almost like the Heavens demand a sacrifice from successful musicians......and that sounds truly crazy, so I will sign off... :roll:

I really love my Rick 12, John, it is the greatest single purchase I have ever made....long live Rickenbacker Inc.!!!! :D
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

johnhall wrote:Robinson R44 that day. Had it been a Jet Ranger, I imagine there would have been venison for dinner or worse.

Was this something you were always interested in and learned how to do? Military service?
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Strictly personal. Did fixed wing first, then added on rotary and instrument ratings in late 1980's. I'm thinking about adding multengine and seaplane when I have the time. Unfortunately medical kept me down for the last 6 years but I recently was able to get a certificate again, so looking forward to flying more often.
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

johnhall wrote:Strictly personal. Did fixed wing first, then added on rotary and instrument ratings in late 1980's. I'm thinking about adding multengine and seaplane when I have the time. Unfortunately medical kept me down for the last 6 years but I recently was able to get a certificate again, so looking forward to flying more often.
Very cool. Grew up on air bases.. always wanted to be a pilot... alas never happened.. time money etc.. Regularly scheduled passenger air services, wherein anyone could be anywhere on the globe within say 30 hours... the greatest technical achievement of the last century IMHO. That and M and M's
FabGearHead

Post by FabGearHead »

John, I'm familiar with the "wire-strike" devices placed on choppers above the windscreen, what about a "buck-stopper" mounted underneath the cabin?

Jim
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

FabGearHead wrote:John, I'm familiar with the "wire-strike" devices placed on choppers above the windscreen, what about a "buck-stopper" mounted underneath the cabin?

Jim
He's the CEO, so the buck stopped there.
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG

Return to “Beatles' Forum”