The Beatles Anthology

The history and music of the Fab Four
admin
Site Admin

The Beatles Anthology

Post by admin »

Well I picked up a copy of The Beatles Anthology: By The Beatles today for about $50.00 Canadian and this heavy coffee table book is filled with photos and comments from The Beatles themselves. Approximately 367 pages, 368 if you include John Lennon's last page comment "By hook or by crook, I'll be the last in this book." There are statements that I have never seen before and some interesting photos, regretably many printed over which, while artistic, takes away from the overall effect. Nonetheless, there will be many quotes from this one. Stay tuned.
If you are a Beatle nut you will have to have it.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Gary_Cost

Post by Gary_Cost »

Peter, just a note from the book. p-81 says that John's '58 Ric was indeed bought from STEINWAYS. There has been some question on that for a while. Also on page 81 Georges Hofner President was traded for the Hofner Club 40. And it was with a member of the Swinging Bluegeans.
And best of all on p-85 Mal Evans confirms John's Gibson J160-E was 'lost', 'stolen' whatever at the Finsbury Empire in London. And with that the exact date of Wednesday April 24, 1963 would be the day!
Craig_Ewing

Post by Craig_Ewing »

Gary - it was always my understanding that the J-160E was lost stolen or strayed in late December 1963 at the Astoria Cinema in Finsbury Park during their "Christmas Show" engagement - I still think this is correct, April seems too early for the disappearance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gary: I am inclined to agree with Craig that April 24, 1963 is too early for the disappearance of the J160E. The Beatles recorded a miming of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "This Boy" at the Granada Television Studio (no. 4) on November 25, 1963. I Want To Hold Your Hand was broadcast on November 27, 1963 and This Boy on December 20, 1963. The worn appearance of the J160E is noted in the following photos of the Beatles and the closeup of John.ImageImage
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

I saw it at COSTCO for $34.95 on Saturday
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
Gary_Cost

Post by Gary_Cost »

Sorry folks, I stand corrected. The Dec '63 date it is!

Return to “Beatles' Forum”