'77 Sandman @ Station 59

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
gregga41
RRF Consultant

'77 Sandman @ Station 59

Post by gregga41 »

Nice to know someone appreciates the work you do! :D
'Station 59' in Richmond have booked us again, Friday 24th Feb.
Now that just made my day!!
My new, (to me),1997 built JG 330 is due to arrive the day before, might make it's debut!!
winston
Membership Admin

Re: '77 Sandman @ Station 59

Post by winston »

I have been hanging around facebook too much. I was looking for the "like" button again. Congrats on the 330 mate.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

All the best for the gig Greg!
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Great night last Friday, band were tight, crowd were very receptive. :D
Off to country/rural Victoria in the next few weeks to 'Rock' Western Gippsland! :shock:
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

The Sandmen are .."heading down the highway.." this weekend into the heart of country Victoria. We're playing at the Warragul O & H Bar & Bistro tomorrow night. Expecting a huge crowd, onstage from 10pm 'till early hours of Sunday morning. Added a few new songs to the setlist, so looking forward to audience reaction!
We also expect to be the headline act at this years "Relay for Life" cancer charity event at Albert park, (home of the Australian Grand prix.) Considering the loss this week of an amazing sporting hero, Jimmy Stynes, to cancer, we feel priveledged to donate our service and time to this worthwhile event. Google Jimmy Stynes, his life story will astound you!
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Post by weemac »

Have you managed to get any old Dragon songs in the list yet? 8)

Eden.
I confused Faraday's cage, with Schrodinger's cat box....
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

gregga41 wrote:The Sandmen are .."heading down the highway.."
We also expect to be the headline act at this years "Relay for Life" cancer charity event at Albert park, (home of the Australian Grand prix.) Considering the loss this week of an amazing sporting hero, Jimmy Stynes, to cancer, we feel priveledged to donate our service and time to this worthwhile event. Google Jimmy Stynes, his life story will astound you!
Gregg, I guess you rather are "Rockin' Down The Highway" :wink:
A good thing to play that charity event. Shows us that the best things in life are free - if we stay healthy !
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Thanks Alex, we're very happy to do it!
Eden, at the moment we only do 'April Sun In Cuba', but will be adding more Dragon very soon. Have you read 'Chasing the Dragon', Marc Hunters biography?
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

May has opened well for the Sandmen! :D Sunday, May 6, we're back at Station 59 for the 'Sunday Sessions'. 2pm 'til 4pm.
Saturday, May 19th, it's off again to rural Victoria to play at the Korrumburra Football Club Social Night. (Party Time!)
June 2, we're heading up to the beautiful Dandenong Ranges to play at The Scarab bar in Belgrave, 10.30pm 'til 2 am! :shock: :shock:
All this and our lead vocalist, Joe, has called it quits. :( He will stay until present commitments are fulfilled, in the meantime we desperately search for a new singer! :roll:
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that mic in your hand? :?
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

rickyfricky wrote:Hey Joe, where you goin' with that mic in your hand? :?
Yeah! Bring it back, ...it's bloody mine! :lol:
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

gregga41 wrote:..... in the meantime we desperately search for a new singer! :roll:
I certainly would do it, you just have to pay the flights.. :lol:
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

It's becoming quite evident, here in Australia at least, that the vast majority of music venues and promoters tend now to book bands on the number of 'likes' on that particular bands Facebook page. Gone are the days of booking a band and it was the booking agent/promoters job to get the people in! In saying that, i'd would ask my RRF mates, who indulge if facebook, to please, please, please,(that's enough begging! :D ) hit the 'like' button on 77 Sandman's page. While you're at it former sandman lead guitarist Glenn has a first-class surf/rock band needing your help as well, checkout and 'like' Goofyfooter on FB as well! Thanks guys!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Consider it done mate! 8)
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

............and to make it easier for others here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/77-Sandm ... 5905879656

Return to “My Gig Forum”