MDP as I.R.S. R.E.M.

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
miltric

MDP as I.R.S. R.E.M.

Post by miltric »

My band, Milton and the Devils Party (it's an egg-headed literary reference--call us MDP if you like) is doing an R.E.M. set this Saturday night (May 12) at the North Star in Philadelphia. As my clever subject line suggests, we'll be doing songs from their I.R.S. catalog. If you live close to Philly and have the time, energy, and inclination, come out and celebrate the work of a great band with us. If you do, you'll also get to see my newly acquired 1988 360JG.

We've worked really hard preparing for this special gig, and we'll be good. I promise!

Not so long ago, the Baseball Project played the same venue, with Mike Mills standing in for Peter Buck. Here's a clip for you to enjoy and get the vibe of the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NamY-pYl ... re=related
1988 360 JG, 2008 660-12 AFG, 2009 330 FG
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Re: MDP as I.R.S. R.E.M.

Post by chronictown »

Sounds like a great time...wish I could make it! Just out of curiosity, what's your set list? Or would that spoil the occasion??
marc61

Post by marc61 »

You should move this to the gig section but...

You're doing an REM set at a place where an REM dude filled in for another REM dude...Tre Cool
miltric

Post by miltric »

Sorry--I see now that I did post this in the wrong place. I'd never noticed the "Gigs" forum before. I'll put it there. Does anyone know if I can move my original post to avoid duplication?

And re: the setlist; I don't suppose it would hurt to share a bit of it. We'll be doing many of the iconic songs from the I.R.S. period--"Radio Free Europe," "S. Central Rain," "Driver 8," as well as the charting song from that period, "The One I Love." There will be a few "deep cuts" as well, particularly from Chronic Town, Fables, and Document. The one I enjoy playing most right now: "Auctioneer." We rock really hard on that one.
miltric

Post by miltric »

We had a good turnout for the show last night. We were followed by a two-person, all-acoustic Smiths cover band (it worked better than it sounds like it would). A good night all around.

Chris, here's the set list:

Feeling Gravitys Pull
Begin the Begin
The One I Love
S. Central Rain
Disturbance at the Heron House
Don't Go Back to Rockville
Auctioneer (Another Engine)
Wolves, Lower
All The Right Friends
Sitting Still
Driver 8
These Days
Pretty Persuasion
Radio Free Europe
It's the End of the World As We Know It
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

Any video taken? Would love to see it!
miltric

Post by miltric »

No video, but we did get photos and an audio recording, Now that I think about it, we should have filmed it!

I'll put the photos and a sound clip or two up when I get them.

Return to “My Gig Forum”