Full Moon Fever - Los Alamitos 9/13/12

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

My Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers tribute band, Full Moon Fever, will be playing at the St. Isadore gourmet food truck stop on Katella Ave in Los Alamitos, CA on Thursday September 13, starting at 7 PM. I'm pretty sure the show is free. The gourmet food trucks, which are there every Thursday night, help to benefit St. Isidore's Historical Plaza. So you'd just pay for food if you came hungry. I hear these are really good food trucks. Might be a good idea to bring a folding chair if you'd like to sit. I think there are benches, but they get filled up fast, as this has become a popular spot to get food and hear live music. Bands play there with the food trucks every Thursday night. I think we will be there for a night in October as well.
Last edited by rickenbrother on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Full Moon Fever - Los Alamitos 9/13/12

Post by rickenbrother »

...and there should be at least a couple of Ricks for the performance. :)
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I was about ready to head out the door to go; St. Isadore is about 5 minutes from my house; I'll put it on my calendar for next week, if I don't have rehearsal. :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
collin

Post by collin »

Man, I lived in Los Al for over 15 years, and it was always the town where nothing happened. As soon as I left there is cool stuff like this (and previous Rickenjams etc.), go figure! :)

I will try to make it out there, if possible.
T28

Post by T28 »

Wish I could be there. The video of you guys was cool but I have never heard a video as good as the real live performance.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Break a leg, Joey! Will you post some videos so those attending can get a taste of what to expect? 8)

BTW, if I ever attended a gig, could I be a guest? :mrgreen: The Heartbreakers are famous for guests onstage: Eddie Vedder, Stevie Nicks, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, Lenny Kravitz, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Dave Stewart...
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

JakeK wrote: The Heartbreakers are famous for guests onstage: Eddie Vedder, Stevie Nicks, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, Lenny Kravitz, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Dave Stewart...
...not to forget : Jake Kety... :wink:
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

paologregorio wrote:I was about ready to head out the door to go; St. Isadore is about 5 minutes from my house; I'll put it on my calendar for next week, if I don't have rehearsal. :)

I mistakenly thought it was tonight too :roll: -- but its next week, hmmmm let me see how my calendar shakes out :idea:
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Joey -- you guys were Rickin and Rockin tonight !!! :D

I really enjoyed tonights performance in Los Al, and Kevin, who sang the Tom Petty vocals, was so authentic sounding.
Naturally, the best numbers were when your JetGlo 4003 was accompanied by the FireGlo's V64-12 and the 330 for the three Ric line up ! ! ! :wink: Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures that Diane took this evening !
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Thanks for coming Rich and thanks for the kind words! That's my '73 4001 that I was playing...now you're giving me RAS for a Jetglo 4003! :wink:
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

rickenbrother wrote:That's my '73 4001 that I was playing...now you're giving me RAS for a Jetglo 4003! :wink:

Ahh --- was that a Toaster or High Gain in the neck position ? ? You must have Zymolized that 4001 before the show because under the lights, the JetGlo finish was sparkly and flashy... the Binding was illuminated and it looked great under the evening lighting. I had commented to Diane how great that JetGlo looked.

I especially liked you bass counter melody playing in unison with the V64-12 string guitarist on the instrumental break in "The Waiting". Tasty sounding stuff.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

8mileshigher wrote:Ahh --- was that a Toaster or High Gain in the neck position ? ? You must have Zymolized that 4001 before the show because under the lights, the JetGlo finish was sparkly and flashy... the Binding was illuminated and it looked great under the evening lighting. I had commented to Diane how great that JetGlo looked.
IIRC, it's a toaster, has '70s Crushed Pearl FWI and a sandcast gap tooth tailpiece.

We really need to get this band to a Rickenjam next year...!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

JakeK wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:Ahh --- was that a Toaster or High Gain in the neck position ? ? You must have Zymolized that 4001 before the show because under the lights, the JetGlo finish was sparkly and flashy... the Binding was illuminated and it looked great under the evening lighting. I had commented to Diane how great that JetGlo looked.
IIRC, it's a toaster, has '70s Crushed Pearl FWI and a sandcast gap tooth tailpiece.

We really need to get this band to a Rickenjam next year...!
Jake: I wish it had all the appointments that you described. It does have the toaster and I do believe it's the last 4001 that RIC made with checkered binding as a standard appointment because I've never seen or heard of another August '73 with checkered binding. No gap in the tailpiece and regular triangle inlays.
Rich: I just wiped it down the best I could with a cotton diaper. It has too much finish checking. Paul W recommends not to use Zymol or any other wax on a guitar with finish checking since it might get through to the wood.

Return to “My Gig Forum”