Should Old Guys Play New Music?

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Re: Should Old Guys Play New Music?

Post by T.A.R. »

DriftSpace wrote:
Full Cleveland wrote:The problem with that is there are very few new popular songs I like.
Well, that's really just a problem of exposure; you just don't like what you've heard. I tend to be in the same boat (if we're talking about the average number of "new" songs which I have heard that I enjoy compared to "old" songs) but that doesn't mean there isn't good "new" music out there, and the more I seek it out the more I find "new" stuff that seems worthwhile. Besides, the fact that there are "very few new" songs you like just makes those songs that much more special, and thus more worthy of your attention. :)
Very true! This whole thread is one of the reason I love this forum. Cheers!
Full Cleveland

Post by Full Cleveland »

Jeff just turned me on to a great band, "Tame Impala." I would happily play any of their songs. Dunno about the other guys in the band, though. Radio in Cleveland sucks, plain and simple. You would never hear any good new music on the radio in Cleveland. Even the college stations play mostly stuff that sounds like a spoon in a garbage disposal.
"I've got a Gibson without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face."

http://www.thekarmakings.com/
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Full Cleveland wrote:Jeff just turned me on to a great band, "Tame Impala." I would happily play any of their songs. Dunno about the other guys in the band, though. Radio in Cleveland sucks, plain and simple. You would never hear any good new music on the radio in Cleveland. Even the college stations play mostly stuff that sounds like a spoon in a garbage disposal.
Tame Impala, good stuff!
8)

Radio around here sucks too, unless you really like country. We listen to streaming "radio" on the internet. You can find all sorts of new stuff that way. You can even find things that don't have a big enough market share to make the "real" radio stations...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I'm addicted to Internet Radio. And my local listener-sponsored station is always providing interesting new music.
All I wanna do is rock!
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Concerning internetradio:

Give http://www.npr.org/programs/ a try. Different streams of music from country to electronic music. I prefer "All songs considerd". A lot of great stuff!

Quite a difference to the normal "Jack FM" formate radio (indigestible and always the same).

Return to “My Gig Forum”