this happened to me...

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
supercharger

this happened to me...

Post by supercharger »

At our gig at Oscar Lee's (20 years ago this summer), a kid cried and whined cos he wanted to
play my 330.

My brother twisted my arm and I reluctantly let him play for 1 minute.
He seemed happier than a kid with a lollipop. We have always found this moment in
our musical history quite comical.

Now, we always knew, since our G'Ma told us, that a true musician never asks to play another's
ax unless you're invited too.
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Re: this happened to me...

Post by deaconblues »

Welcome to the forum Gregg!

Personally, I'd let almost anyone play one of my guitars, unless they looked like they wanted to run off with it!
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

supercharger wrote:... Now, we always knew, since our G'Ma told us, that a true musician never asks to play another's
ax unless you're invited too.
The kid may be a true musician and a smart one at that. He never asked to play your 330; your brother asked! :D :D :D

BTW, welcome to the forum.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
supercharger

Post by supercharger »

'Ello, all. Thanks for the welcome, guys.
And yes, having my 330 picked-off from under my nose was a concern. But I could not understand what
was so special about my guitar from another (I know, it sounded lame just thinking that line).
His girlfriend seemed more embarrassed by how he had "asked" than us. It was just odd at the time.
And he really didn't know how to play a guitar at all.
As it turned out, some few years later this same kid spots my brother in a small crowd and told him that
he felt bad about that moment. I guess Rickys are not a common sight; it would be like spotting an old
off-brand amp on a stage that sounds really good.

Mine is a March 1991-built 330 JetGlo, purchased with HS-graduatin' money in June 1992.

Return to “My Gig Forum”