Back to the stage, Rics in hand

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
Dom

Back to the stage, Rics in hand

Post by Dom »

I'm playing a show this Friday in San Diego at the 10th Avenue Theater. Nice place with a 107 seat theater & a rooftop patio where we'll have DJ's set up. $10, doors open at 8, free snacks! No booze or re-entry because we can't afford to pay for security.

My buddy Bob is a music professor & is putting on this show so naturally we put together a band & wrote some songs for it. The band ended up being the original members of my old band Dot but with new instrumentation and still no official name...we'll do the Jethro Tull thing & change our name each time we play until we get signed haha. Our other guitarist is playing a tele set up as a baritone, our drummer is Bonham style & loud & Bob our bassist switched to playing bass keys & effects. I'm singing with a vocal/guitar processor that can harmonize my voice with what I play on guitar. I'm primarily playing my 370WB with all the bells & whistles and occasionally a 330 that I set up as a baritone. (I'll be making a post on that one)

The band sounds unique as one might guess. We've always were a diverse band & will play prog metal, soul, hard blues & pop all in just this one show. If everyone likes playing this show it will lead to this band becoming a permanent reality.

We're recording the music soon & can't wait to share it. All & all it feels good to be back in the game. Cheers!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Back to the stage, Rics in hand

Post by kiramdear »

Congrats, Dom, and best of luck to you and your mates. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Back to the stage, Rics in hand

Post by jps »

Have fun, Dominic! 8)

Return to “My Gig Forum”