Lulu Tribute

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Lulu Tribute

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Here's an event on the calendar that will be fun. Surfing the web I came across an article about Lulu's Decca years that mentioned some of the tunes Jimmy Page played on. Listening to them made me want to play them so I asked some colleagues if they would be interested pulling them together. Realizing the need for a platform and cash ("a gig is a band") to make it work, I headed to the school's Professional Development Dept. and found out about faculty "colloquiums," which in this case will be a lecture/recital entitled To Sir With Love: Blue Eyed Soul in Lulu's London. The event takes place a week from Friday in the Performing Arts Department's top notch recording studio. It's at 4:00p, so we all get to play our regular Friday night gigs. The department promo folks will be filming, the digits will be rolling, so hopefully we'll get a nice sounding video out of it as well. I know a couple forum members live reasonably close; if you'd like to stop in, feel free! Because it is.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Re: Lulu Tribute

Post by Kiddwad57 »

The Lulu gig turned out real well. Nice bunch of people showed up, we ran through the tunes, I gave my spiel, we played the tunes again. The recording sounds good, the mixing is mostly done and when it is, the video will be synced up. Can't wait to see how it all comes together. It was so much fun!
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Finally managed to get the Lulu Tribute audio synced with the video:

https://youtu.be/PTosDiNxg_k

It all amounted to a pleasant way of spending the afternoon of February 12, 2016.

The school's Ampeg B15S is a little worse for wear but still an inspiration to play through.
donhank

Post by donhank »

Too much fun !!
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Thanks Don.

Return to “My Gig Forum”