Help me make a music video?

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Help me make a music video?

Post by kiramdear »

Hey, all,

I'm brainstorming for a music video project and I thought, who better to hit up for ideas than my musical friends on the forum! I've got a camera or two and mics and stuff, but what I need from you all is ideas. So who's in?

The first thing I want to figure out is which of my songs would lend itself best to a video project? I think I'm too close to the material to be able to make that choice by myself. I'm looking for not necessarily the strongest tune, but that which would make the best visual play, slideshow, montage, or whatever our hearts and minds can come up with to tell a story in music and images. Please keep in mind that my resources and video skills are pretty meager, so try to keep your ideas in the realm of the economical and the simple, as much as possible.

So to whoever feels game, I ask you to visit my website, have a listen to the seven tracks that are currently posted, let your imagination run wild, and report back here with your vote. The more comments and reflections you can write down about the songs, the better. It's all good, even the criticism, and I hope you have fun doing it. I know I will enjoy this first phase of the project because later I expect it's going to turn into lots of hard work.

Feel free to ask such questions as will allow you to develop your best, most feasible and apt suggestions.

That's about all for now. I'm eagerly awaiting your creative input on my new music video project. Cheers! :D

Kira
All I wanna do is rock!
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Re: Help me make a music video?

Post by xpitt »

Well Kira, my vote songwise goes for Trisagion. I always was into that kind of spacy, spiritual stuff, I love the things Loreena McKennit does, for instance. She filmed a concert in the Alhambra, Granada, Spain. It's a good reason for you to visit some spots in (old) Europe (I'm not referring here to the G.W.Bush meaning of it :oops: ) trying to capture impressions of old monasterys and gothic, middle age architecture in the mediterane area, Cyprus would be just the right place, just very mystic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus#Middle_Ages) . With the music of Trisagion you have all the freedom picturewise to give your movie a floating spin to eternity..uuuh, hard to express in a language which is not your mothertongue...and it's not necessary to show the performing artist in real, the whole thing is rather rooted in a way of spirit, art and love...on one hand showing what mankind is able to create and on the other hand that it all will come down again realizing that only the spirit will remain. Maybe give it a cross religion approach...Damaskus is not far away from Cyprus..."John the baptist" is buried in the Umayyaden mosque...(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_Mosque)
edit: ...and you can make a stopover here in Munich as well.. :)
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Wow, Alex! Your advice goes straight to the heart. I've been all over the Greek mainland and in the Cyclades Islands, and my visits helped to inspire the writing of Trisagion. There's little I wouldn't give to retrace my tracks and make some new ones in Cyprus and also in Crete. I've also had a couple of the best times of my life in Germany - your offer is most gracious. Thanks for the idea and the invitation! :)

That one would be the most ambitious project to tackle, for body and for soul. Not that I wouldn't love to do it, mind you - I sure don't want to say no. Let's just leave it at that for now :wink: as I would love to hear some other ideas, too.
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Ah! Trisagion. I see Alex and I think very much alike when it comes to that song Kira.............it has a special place in my heart as you well know. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

If I may say so, that song has generated an unusual and high response from many who heard it. It has remained high in the SoundClick charts ever since the day I posted it, Thanksgiving 2008, where my other songs have normally risen and fallen.

It was not the kind of song I would have planned to include in my project last fall, but rather something I felt compelled to do for reasons I can't explain.

Thank you, guys. :)
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”