4003S/8 in the studio

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

4003S/8 in the studio

Post by hieronymous »

Posted another Rickenbacker bass video, this time my 4003S/8:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ug1_i9omV8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ug1_i9omV8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I guess this one is a little rare for me because I am not using distortion! My bass performance isn't perfect, but I thought I would post it to show the process that Greg (DeGuglielmo, the drummer, who you can actually see this time!) and I go through while improvising in the studio. Not sure if I would actually build on this track to make a song, but it has a nice flow. Check out the end where I mess up because I was looking at the computer screen. I also included a little bit of the audio from the video camera at the end because it wasn't captured in ProTools - we did an extra ending!
chaffinch

Re: 4003S/8 in the studio

Post by chaffinch »

Good video! Maybe the bass is a little too low in the mix? Congratulations, we're waiting other videos :D
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

Thanks! I'm experimenting with remixing the audio.

Can I ask you a question - what kind of speakers were you listening with? I think the mix is OK on headphones or good speakers, but it really doesn't pop out on just computer speakers. I'm thinking of putting the bass signal through my Alembic SF-2 Super Filter to bring out some of the high-end frequencies more.
chaffinch

Post by chaffinch »

hieronymous wrote:Thanks! I'm experimenting with remixing the audio.

Can I ask you a question - what kind of speakers were you listening with? I think the mix is OK on headphones or good speakers, but it really doesn't pop out on just computer speakers. I'm thinking of putting the bass signal through my Alembic SF-2 Super Filter to bring out some of the high-end frequencies more.
Sorry, probably the problem is with my cheap PC speakers :!:
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

chaffinch wrote:Sorry, probably the problem is with my cheap PC speakers :!:
No problem at all! It inspired me to dig out my SF-2 and experiment with sending just the bass out of ProTools, into the SF-2, and back in, something I was never able to do previously!

I haven't had time to sync it up with the video, but here is just the audio track:

8 string in the studio (SuperFilter version)
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

Here we go - the "new & improved" version:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5iORZpqxzQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q5iORZpqxzQ&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

Nice! I like the 2nd version better. The bass does come through more clearly.
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

walker wrote:Nice! I like the 2nd version better. The bass does come through more clearly.
Thanks, yeah, I don't know why I was being so shy with the bass volume?!!!
Tarrbot
Intermediate Member

Post by Tarrbot »

Gah!

This is excellent. It's making me want an S/8 now though.

I've not heard one before just this minute.

Very nice.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Tarrbot wrote:Gah!

This is excellent. It's making me want an S/8 now though.

I've not heard one before just this minute.

Very nice.
:shock: :shock:

+1

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”