My first YouTube Video

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
vintagemusicgear

Re: My first YouTube Video

Post by vintagemusicgear »

or if you prefer flame / quilt maple....
Attachments
phpgvX6XdAM.jpg
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

David I watched your videos whilst I was on a "road trip". I was thrilled to see that you have a great touch as a player. I already knew that you had great taste as a collector.

I also use a Peavey amp (212 Stereo Chorus) sans outboard effects with my Ricks. It was a fairly well kept secret to my tone until you posted those videos :lol: Seriously you could not have picked a better amp for more a bluesy hard edged sound.

Thanks for posting these. I really enjoyed watching you play and listening to your guitars.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
miltric

Post by miltric »

I've seen just about every YouTube video in which someone discusses and/or plays a Rickenbacker, and these are the best I've seen--very informative, going beyond the stuff that most people already know about Rics, with some mighty tasty playing. Kudos. And keep them coming.
1988 360 JG, 2008 660-12 AFG, 2009 330 FG
vintagemusicgear

Thanks Mark. I was trying to educate folks about Rics, because there's not a lot of info about them compared to say Gibsons and Fenders. Plus, it's always better to HEAR someone tell you and SHOW you what he's talking about rather than just read about it. I try to be both general (for folks who don't know anything about Rics) but also try to add some lesser known details to keep the Ric folks interested. I have moved this thread to the appropriate section regarding Ric videos. Don't know how I missed it the first time around when I posted this...... http://rickresource.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=392872
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

David,

I moved the original topic for you.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
revolver

Post by revolver »

Great video. How long does it take you to dust that fab collection?
vintagemusicgear

Dusting?....I use a Suck Kut, works much better.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY0U0GTRPuo
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

As a side note, I saw some of your Gretsch video's today. You've got some nice stuff my man!
vintagemusicgear

Thanks, when I get a chance I'll post some Gibson and Fender stuff, as well as some rare Vox and Marshall gear.....
vintagemusicgear

posted some new videos for those who are interested.
DOUBLEUman

Post by DOUBLEUman »

vintagemusicgear wrote:posted some new videos for those who are interested.
Oh my! The video of Mitch Easter's Rickenbacker 615 is incredibly interesting. Do you know what the production years for 615's are/were??
vintagemusicgear

I don't know, but you should post a thread on this subject.
vintagemusicgear

Thanks guys. I'm going to upgrade my AV gear, so the audio should (theroetically) be much better. I think the camcorder mic sucks, you really cannot appreciate how GREAT this gear sounds in real life.....Do you guys think I "talk too much?" I got some comments (some of them pretty rude to say it politely) that there should be more playing. But a lot of guys seem to like the little facts about the rarer vintage stuff. I was kind of holding off on doing more playing until my AV situation gets better. What do you think?.....
scotty

Post by scotty »

David Ive watched a few videos and really enjoyed them.With the talking id say Without communication there is no understanding.Anyone can batter about a guitar but to know is an investment in knowledge and always pays excellent interest.Keep up the good work.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

David, never mind those comments they make - your talking contains good information. Great videos - don't change anything in the format! :D
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”