My first YouTube Video

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
longhouse
Advanced Member

Re: My first YouTube Video

Post by longhouse »

vintagemusicgear wrote:Thanks guys. I'm going to upgrade my AV gear, so the audio should (theroetically) be much better. I think the camcorder mic sucks, you really cannot appreciate how GREAT this gear sounds in real life.....Do you guys think I "talk too much?" I got some comments (some of them pretty rude to say it politely) that there should be more playing. But a lot of guys seem to like the little facts about the rarer vintage stuff. I was kind of holding off on doing more playing until my AV situation gets better. What do you think?.....
Dave, you can view ANY clip on youtube and some jackanapes add a negative comment. If God himself put a video online stating everyone on Earth would recieve perfect health and a million dollars some clod would post a negative comment.

I just let the negativity breeze by me. :D

Your clips are great. Keep 'em coming.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

longhouse wrote:Dave, you can view ANY clip on youtube and some jackanapes add a negative comment. If God himself put a video online stating everyone on Earth would recieve perfect health and a million dollars some clod would post a negative comment.

I just let the negativity breeze by me. :D

Your clips are great. Keep 'em coming.
+1. You know I'm always interested in what you have to say, Dave. Don't let little twats on YouTube get you down. There are people out there who've posted negative stuff on BEATLES videos, such as "kevin jonas is better than gorge harryson!!1!!" or "METAL FOREVER, **** THE BEATLES!!!!!!!!!" In a nutshell, Noel hit the nail on the head.

I really want to see a demo of your 370/12 McGuinn running through that blonde Bandmaster so we can hear a Byrds-like jangle and chime! :D
vintagemusicgear

Post by vintagemusicgear »

Thanks guys, I just want to make sure I'm doing what YOU guys want. Who cares about the "others"...I will do a McGuinn when I get better AV stuff, you really need to HEAR how good it sounds with real mics, not the camcorder special....
vintagemusicgear

Post by vintagemusicgear »

FYI, I just posted a vid of my heavily modified Ric 350. Many folks really liked the mods, and perhaps some of you may borrow some of the ideas for yourselves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64kjRbRdRI
JackAlan

Post by JackAlan »

Great job, love your wall of Ric's too.

Jack
I learned everything I know about treating people from my Dog
JackAlan

Post by JackAlan »

BTW, on all the neg. comments you get from probably the young gear heads, don't give that another thought. Many will be nasty just to sound big, and then the others are just jealous they can't play a well as you or have all the cool gear you have. Always keep in mind the "source" from where the negative comments come from & esp. how they were presented. If someone is really giving constructive criticism it will come thru as polite & helpful. Other than that it's more envy. All this is IMHO of course and from years in evaluating people, motives, and where they are coming from.

I like your tech side blended with sounds & your playing. Keep it up. Refreshingly, refreshing!!! :mrgreen:

Jack
I learned everything I know about treating people from my Dog

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”