My first YouTube Video

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
vintagemusicgear

Re: My first YouTube Video

Post by vintagemusicgear »

The capri in the video is the same one on my avatar, but the lighting was so ****** you really can't see how nice it really is. :(
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

David, that is simply awesome...to hear such great riffs played so well through an old classic Rick is an eye-opener.

This should set the Teen Squidlees on their ears, and silence the characters who think of Ricks as Beatles geetars.

(How can you play like a Rock God with such a straight face? You need short pants and face paint!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

jdogric12aolcom wrote:Way to go DK!!!
+! :shock: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

WOW, an eye opener for me....I DID expect some classic CHIME...that was COOL! :)

Thanks!
Rick2005

Post by Rick2005 »

Great video and great sound David:
this Capri really screams, in spite of all of guitarists who says that Rickies doesn't fit fat sounds :lol:
'66 330/12 FG - '88 330/6 FG - '89 1997 FG - '05 330/6 BB
vintagemusicgear

Of course the Ric sounds great through an old AC30 with a Janglebox, but that's been done before a million times. I like "to go where no man has gone before"... I'll post some other clips. You won't believe how an old capri sounds like through a Peavey 5150....or through an old Vox Super Beatle with a Marshall Shredmaster pedal.... :mrgreen:
vintagemusicgear

jingle_jangle wrote:David, that is simply awesome...to hear such great riffs played so well through an old classic Rick is an eye-opener.

This should set the Teen Squidlees on their ears, and silence the characters who think of Ricks as Beatles geetars.

(How can you play like a Rock God with such a straight face? You need short pants and face paint!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
That's funny Paul. I'm a big fan of many jazz guitarists like Pat Martino who look pretty stoic, but PLAY like a demon. So I never got into the "wrinkle your face like your smelling something really bad" posing and stuff. Besides, I mainly do recording now, no live gigs, so it's kinda silly to pose for myself. But Pete Townsend acrobatics while playing live once in a while is still pretty fun I have to admit. Pete of course being a big rock influence.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Your talent is undeniable, Dave, as is the sheer entertainment value of same, no matter what the visuals accompanying it.

Anyway, I'm a fan. Where do I join? :mrgreen:
vintagemusicgear

jingle_jangle wrote:Your talent is undeniable, Dave, as is the sheer entertainment value of same, no matter what the visuals accompanying it.

Anyway, I'm a fan. Where do I join? :mrgreen:
Paul, I am very very flattered and humbled by your comments. Partly due to the privilege of having been in the company of some REAL guitarists. I took a few lessons with Pat Martino and Ted Dunbar (a Wes Montgombery protegee), then I realized to become a real guitar player, I would have to devote my whole life to the art. But these examples have left an indelible mark in my psyche, by which I measure greatness. I haven't really played the guitar in years. Mainly due to taking care of my 3 1/2 and 1 year old sons, and the most massive (and painful) home rennovation/construction project I will ever do. All of my gear was in storage for a couple of years. I did the video not to show any chops (which I've lost) but mainly to expose players to vintage Rics and thier potential using unusual combinations of gear. But again thanks for the kind words. Other vids to follow...and I will hopefully be done with my CD next year. But I said that last year.....
wittyair

Post by wittyair »

Wow Dave........great stuff!!
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

Great stuff Dave -- your playing and your collection.
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
eatswodo
Veteran RRF member

Post by eatswodo »

Love it, love it, love it!

I was watching a Tom Petty 'Soundstage' show last night, and marveling at the tones Mike Campbell gets out of his Rickenbackers. One of them was a Capri very similar to yours - but you took it up a notch. Bam!
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Thanks for posting those vids, David. I'm pretty new to Rickenbackers, so it is a real education for me to hear these samples. I especially love the late '50s Capri. Boy, I wish RIC would reissue that guitar. What a great instrument!
JimK
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

Great playing, David! And beautiful guitar. Is there anywhere we can see better photos of it?
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
vintagemusicgear

Here you go....
Attachments
phpVfXqEqAM.jpg
vintagemusicgear

another
Attachments