DOT Experimental Music, Ric 330 with a synth & AirFx.

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
Dom

DOT Experimental Music, Ric 330 with a synth & AirFx.

Post by Dom »

This video is from our band Dot's first performance on Jan 12 2010, HAL9000's birthday. In honor of that brave astronaut killing AI computer, we played audio of the scene where Dave Bowman shuts HAL down and as our first performance as a band played a sonic racket to portray what must have echoed in his mind as his consciousness was slowly being plucked away. As this was our first show we had not yet found out that the Sony cam corder will shut off at the first sign of heavy SPL's. The camera does this right when we finally get to the first song, just at the first hint of heavy drumming. The band has come a long way since then and we are currently in the midst of recording & self producing our new material. From the start we decided that we would make music by any means necessary, anything can be played, trash, circuit bent kids toys buckets, Rickenbacker's or Tele's. That said be forewarned, most of this whole video, well...until it cuts out, is noise, very strange noises, Daisy, Daisy...I'm afraid Dave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hje_VJpnY

Gear Turquoise '98 RIc 330 which wears the glowing red eye of the Roland GK2 synth pickup as it has the widest spacing of all 3 of my Rics. I'm running both guitar and synth through a volume pedal, Alesis AirFx, Whammy and LIne 6 modulation pedal then off to the happy Orange AD30 & 4x10's. You can also use all this **** to play regular nice sounding songs to, I swear.

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”