Something in the air.......

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
fireglo67

Something in the air.......

Post by fireglo67 »

Last night at my rehearsal room whilst we were waiting for our drummer to arrive, we set the drum machine off and proceeded to have a bash at Tom Petty's version of Something In The Air.
Recorded on a mobile phone which was propped up against a coffee cup, this is the result.
We'd never played this before and despite the fact that the key needs to come down as it is far too high for my vocal range, some bum notes, the phone falling over half way through and me forgetting some of the words, I think this is OK.

For some reason I couldn't get the proper youtube link to load on here so here is the web address...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMFZ2Uw5 ... ata_player
johneek
Advanced Member

Re: Something in the air.......

Post by johneek »

Very cool Rob...Given the circumstances, I think it turned out pretty well!
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

johneek wrote:Very cool Rob...Given the circumstances, I think it turned out pretty well!
Thanks John.
The vocals are painful, but it has a certain 'charm' about it, especially when Gary our guitarist had to stop playing to prop the phone up again..... :lol:
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

That has definite possibilities for your band, Rob. I hope you'll add it to the play list.
JimK
GATSBY

Post by GATSBY »

The key is good for you and it sounds great! Keep it.
Henry
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Nice, Rob.... It turned out pretty well, all things considered.... and the Ric sounds great. Your vocals are better than you give yourself credit for.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I loiked it...........I'll give it foive. :mrgreen: You had to be there in the 60's to know what that means. But seriously Rob. You did a great job and I agree that key is yours............just remember to breath in and sing from your chest and don't constrict your throat when you sing and all those notes will ring out loud a clear and you won't have any minor pitch problems such as you encountered.

Great tone from the guitars btw. Just super.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

johneek wrote:Very cool Rob...Given the circumstances, I think it turned out pretty well!
+1! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

winston wrote:I loiked it...........I'll give it foive. :mrgreen: You had to be there in the 60's to know what that means. But seriously Rob. You did a great job and I agree that key is yours............just remember to breath in and sing from your chest and don't constrict your throat when you sing and all those notes will ring out loud a clear and you won't have any minor pitch problems such as you encountered.

Great tone from the guitars btw. Just super.
Janice Nichols - Thank your lucky stars!

Thanks everyone. :D
scotty

Post by scotty »

Something in the air.......Did you drop one? Sounds good Rob. :D

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”