Chega de Saudade - Jazz/Bossa on a 330

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
anothersixstringer

Chega de Saudade - Jazz/Bossa on a 330

Post by anothersixstringer »

Greetings,
Couldn't resist the chance to show the awesome work that my 330MG does at producing a silky, expressive tone for jazz, so here it is, for your review, not your typical Ric video :)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Chega de Saudade - Jazz/Bossa on a 330

Post by admin »

Nice work Miguel. Thanks for posting this great jazz number.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Welcome, Miguel! :D

Excellent, I always liked the mellower, jazzy tones I can get from my old 330 with toasters; a lot of folks forget there is a neck pickup and a tone control that can work well to produce nice tones, too. :roll: 8)
wim
Intermediate Member

Post by wim »

Great tone Miguel.
Try some toasters if you can, they're great too.
The neck pickup on a Rick hollowbody must be one of the most ignored items in history :wink: *
To me it always feels like it's a completely different guitar though, when switching between neck and bridge. There's almost absolutely no similarity in sound.

*: I might be exaggerating some.
anothersixstringer

Post by anothersixstringer »

Thanks a lot everyone, you are all very kind! I appreciate your comments and advice, would love to try those toasters !
I liked that line about a Ric's neck pickup being an ignored item; certainly, a most unfair situation for the Rics and the sweet sound they produce through this pickup. Let me tell you a quick and recent story: Among different ensembles, I also play in a swing big band. So, a couple of weeks ago, we were rehearsing for the Xmas gig. During a break, the other guitar player starts a tasty accompaniment of 'Baby, it's cold outside'. I follow suit, engage the neck pickup, roll back tone a little and switch full bass on the blend control, melody comes out played on the 5 and 4 string, 12th fret starting point...man, the jazzy, hollow sound was awesome! Heads turned and the singer goes on the mic, 'that's a great sound...!" Really, he was absolutely right! I had/have some pro-line Gretsches, top line Ibanez and Epiphones and the mighty Gibson Es-175...the Ric sound is unique, rich and warm...for some reason it sounds more hollow than the other guitars...maybe the solid maple?
I posted that video on the JazzGuitar forum, if you are curious some more comments on Rics for Jazz, then follow this link : http://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guitar-a ... -jazz.html

Thanks again..and Merry Xmas, and/or Happy Holidays ...!!!!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

anothersixstringer wrote:...for some reason it sounds more hollow than the other guitars...maybe the solid maple?
Nope. Simply put, higher-quality air on the inside.

Not to understate the talent of the player!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jingle_jangle wrote:Nope. Simply put, higher-quality air on the inside.
:lol: :wink:

I totally agree! 8)

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”