A quickie; One of my tunes, My '68 330, and my Vox AC4TV.

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
woodyng

Re: A quickie; One of my tunes, My '68 330, and my Vox AC4TV.

Post by woodyng »

GREAT geetar sound,and nice kickin' tune,John. ( I even liked the mute-applied bass :) )
I do kind of get Jake's Harrison reference,tho,as George Did use a lot of those slide-y chordal fragments in his playing over the years...not sayin' anything you played sounded specifically harrisonesque,but its probably the guitar's sound that helps make that association. Anyhoo,verra nice....!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Great EP John. The mp3 I downloaded from your site a few years ago is a better sounding mp3 than the one you linked to. I just compared them. Better balance and clarity. Vocals are louder. ?????

I'm torn about the 6/12 string solo debate. I'm so used to listening to the 12 string version. You played it so clean too, even with all the string pairs.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

johnallg wrote:Great EP John. The mp3 I downloaded from your site a few years ago is a better sounding mp3 than the one you linked to. I just compared them. Better balance and clarity. Vocals are louder. ?????

I'm torn about the 6/12 string solo debate. I'm so used to listening to the 12 string version. You played it so clean too, even with all the string pairs.
Hey, thank you John! I am constantly surprised by people telling me they still listen to it. I listened back recently and it was a bit cringe-worthy. I am kind of thinking about re-recording all those. I can do 'em better...but re-capturing the occasional magic will be very difficult. The original MP3's I had available were probably 320, very high quality. I'm not sure what I have up on my current site but they may be a bit watered-down. Not sure about the vocals being louder as I never remixed anything,

On that solo I used my old Blue Boy 660/12. Thing practically played itself. Nice wide neck and really low action. I think I was trying to cram a Rick 12 on everything I possibly could at the time. :lol:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Awesome!!! Biscuti plays Biscuti!

oh and regarding...
sloop_john_b wrote:why I decided to use a 12-string is beyond me. :?
I'll respond to your :? with a :x . Twelves are the bomb biggety shnip shnap!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

oops, just saw p 2 of this thread...

sloop_john_b wrote:but re-capturing the occasional magic will be very difficult.

Correction - it will be IMPOSSIBLE! Don't chase that dragon. Write new stuff!!! :)
scotty

Post by scotty »

Great tone great guitar nice one 8)
BTW loving your avatar Jason V366 a go go...
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

sloop_john_b wrote:
johnallg wrote:Great EP John. The mp3 I downloaded from your site a few years ago is a better sounding mp3 than the one you linked to. I just compared them. Better balance and clarity. Vocals are louder. ?????

Hey, thank you John! I am constantly surprised by people telling me they still listen to it. I listened back recently and it was a bit cringe-worthy. I am kind of thinking about re-recording all those. I can do 'em better...but re-capturing the occasional magic will be very difficult. The original MP3's I had available were probably 320, very high quality. I'm not sure what I have up on my current site but they may be a bit watered-down. Not sure about the vocals being louder as I never remixed anything,

On that solo I used my old Blue Boy 660/12. Thing practically played itself. Nice wide neck and really low action. I think I was trying to cram a Rick 12 on everything I possibly could at the time. :lol:
Yup, 320. John, don't belittle your EP, it is very good songs very well written/sung/played. I have them on my iPhone and use Shuffle and your music fits right in with all the music I've collected through the years. Just as enjoyable. Same for Jason's IRWO CD, Wes' Movers & Shakers CD, and I also really like Nick C/Monterey's The Postman song. All excellent music that stands with the "pros".

And I'm with Jason, let them stand as is.

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”