'America' - Yes bass cover

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
walker
Advanced Member

'America' - Yes bass cover

Post by walker »

I saw how much fun Miguel & the other guys on Youtube were having covering Yes tunes on their Rickenbackers, so I decided to do a few myself - four, actually. I used my '68 4001 on all of them. The videos don't have much in the way of production value - unfortunately my camera is pretty krap-fi and the picture is terrible, but the audio is pretty decent. I really need to get a good camera one of these days, though.

So here's the first of the four - 'America' which is one of my fave Squire bass jams and best studio captures of his killer tone. For the videos, I tried to capture the same production style used on the original recordings. On 'America' I stuck a second mic about 20 feet away from the cab on the opposite side of the room to emulate the reverb sound on the Yes recording. I tried my best to stick to Squire's line note-for-note, with the exception of the gratuitous drop-D at 8:52. For the sake of clarity, I panned the original Yes audio left and my bass right.

Not sure what's up with the black box around the video - I still need to figure out how to properly encode this stuff.

And who gave me gum? Where the hell did that come from? Funny the weird habits you have that you never knew about until you catch them on video. I'll have to work on that!

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”