"I Fought the Law" by Gee at Studio Z

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
vynesmusic

"I Fought the Law" by Gee at Studio Z

Post by vynesmusic »

Once again, with the Los Hideousos Virtual Band, Mr. Baldwin performs the Bobby Fuller 4 classic, all jangled up..... :oops: :roll:

http://youtu.be/rThZwQ0wOK4
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: "I Fought the Law" by Gee at Studio Z

Post by jimk »

That's a good ol' rocker. Nicely done!
JimK
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Sounds good to me, too. My only comment would be that I kept thinking there was an extra measure tossed in and it threw me each time I heard it. Of course, I could be remembering the original incorrectly. Not really a big deal, either way. Keep posting more vids, Gee.
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

I checked the original. There's actually a measure of 2 that happens towards the end of the:

"I fought the law-aw and the... law won.... I fought the law-aw and the... law-aw won." <== (riff starts on "won").
.1....2........3........4.........1.2.....3....4..1....2........3.........4... --> 1..2 <-- ...1.......2.......3.......4... etc.

Again, not trying to nit-pick. I played this song a million times in a 60's/70's band. You just get used to hearing things a certain way. Tom

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

beatbyrd wrote:I checked the original. There's actually a measure of 2 that happens towards the end of the:

"I fought the law-aw and the... law won.... I fought the law-aw and the... law-aw won." <== (riff starts on "won").
.1....2........3........4.........1.2.....3....4..1....2........3.........4... --> 1..2 <-- ...1.......2.......3.......4... etc.

Again, not trying to nit-pick. I played this song a million times in a 60's/70's band. You just get used to hearing things a certain way. Tom
No problem, Tom....it's obvious I am NOT a perfectionist....comes from playing songs on the fly in bars for so many years....I just like getting the tunes out there and capturing some of the emotion of the song....that's Obama-Speak for 'Gee Baldwin is LAZY :oops: '......I actually missed a whole lyric on that tune==="I miss my baby and the good fun...i fought the law,etc etc" :shock:

Your covers are superb.....the time you devote to them is obvious.....it was your covers on RRF that got me going.....like I mentioned in another post, DUIs have killed the bar band biz here in the deep, Baptist South.....so....I repair to Studio Z and work my chicanery..... :lol:
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

jimk wrote:That's a good ol' rocker. Nicely done!
JimK
thank you Jim--your comments along with Tom's mean alot to me..... :D
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Gee, did you check out the PM that I sent you?

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

beatbyrd wrote:Gee, did you check out the PM that I sent you?
yes I did, sir--my apologies--I tried replying, but it never seemed to post---basically, me wife and I have been kinda distracted with work and other crises---I have a question---would you send me your files via email, or would you rather send a cd-R with your tracks?

I'm at fuzztone_69@yahoo.com, so go ahead and email me--I don't think I have to worry about being swamped with emails from RRF'ers.... :lol:

The wife did look up the song, depending on the key, she could probably do it---I'll check back with her
idealassets

Post by idealassets »

I fought the law-aw and the... law won.... I fought the law-aw and the... law-aw won." <== (riff starts on "won").
Thanks! THats what I like to see.

Craig
2007 Guild F412 Blond
2011 Rickenbacker 360/12 Maple
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Nice one Gee and a favorite of mine. Don't worry about nailing it like it came out with Bobby Fuller. I like when a performance captures the essence of a tune, and you have done that. It's awlays been a good, rockin' song and that jangle really brightens it up. :D
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”