Hardcore Rock 'n' Roll with Gretsch & Rickenbacker

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
guitman
Professional Player

Hardcore Rock 'n' Roll with Gretsch & Rickenbacker

Post by guitman »

My trio recorded in San Francisco, 1976. '54 Gretsch Country Club (left side in mix), '66 Rickenbacker 450-12 overdubbed (right side in mix). Both guitars wired stereo, bridge pickup through a '65 Fender Twin Reverb with JBL D120F speakers, neck pickup through an early '50s Premier Model 88 with JBL D130F speaker. The advantage of stereo is that you can have a bass heavy distorted sound on the neck pickup and at the same time have cristal clear biting highs on the bridge at the same time. Dynamics are also enhanced, neck pickup alone while singing...add the bridge pickup for solos and another amp comes on for a fat yet biting tone. During the intro the Ric comes in doubling the Gretsch part and once the song starts the Ric goes into rhythm fill mode. You can hear the individual guitars better with headphones.

Link: BLUE SKIES AND SUNSHINE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXMLzys27Y
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - Sprung
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Hardcore Rock 'n' Roll with Gretsch & Rickenbacker

Post by kiramdear »

Killer! Great times! 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
electrofaro

Re: Hardcore Rock 'n' Roll with Gretsch & Rickenbacker

Post by electrofaro »

Oi, good stuff! I very much enjoyed listening to this, good job! :D
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”