Can I order this 360?

Those who flock to The Byrds
kvalois

Can I order this 360?

Post by kvalois »

Hi, all:

I was going to call Rickenbacker today (Friday) to ask, but became too busy!!! Anyway:

Is it possible to order a new RIC 360 in Amber Fireglo-- with toasters???? Or, is this impossible :D ????
light_my_lucky

Re: Can I order this 360?

Post by light_my_lucky »

There is an Amberfireglo 360 at Pick of the Ricks. It has regular Hi-Gain pickups but they can be changed to Vintage. Give Chris a call!
kvalois

Post by kvalois »

Thanks.

But, when I went to Pick of the ricks, I did not see any Amber Fireglo 360. I called, but Chris did not pick up.

But, you DID remind me of a second question or topic!!!

I play "clean"-- no distortion, etc. I play Beatles, Byrds, British invasion-- all classic 1960s stuff.

So...... I was told years ago the HIGH GAINS are NOT the way to go. Instead, I need the Toasters.

1) Is this true???

2) Why doesn't Rickenbacker make the toasters??? :D
Ontario_RIC_fan
Advanced Member

Post by Ontario_RIC_fan »

Karl:

Rickenbacker makes 360s today, but not in Amber fireglo... That was the "Colour of the Year" for 2008 only. (They still make them in regular fireglo though which is less yellow but is still the most popular RIC finish of all time!) Also they do not retail directly to consumers so you would be looking for a dealer if you want a new one.. (there is a list of Dealers on RIC website)..

The stock High Gains are excellent and suit many styles of music (including clean sixties sounds in my opinion)

Good news is Toasters are still made and the foot print is the same as the High Gains so they can be swapped easily... There are lots of places to source toasters - Ebay, this forum, and Ric Dealers like Pick of the Ricks...

A "vintage" Rickenbacker has a different headstock and tuners and is constructed differently (X bracing etc) - if these features are important then you are looking for a used instrument...

If you have never played a Rickenbacker before playing some new ones at a dealer is likely a good thing before you buy one..

:P :P
Brian Morton
A Rickenbacker Fan
in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
=========================
67 FG 625
74 JG 4000
76 JG 430
77 JG 620
77 JG 320
79 JG 4001
80 FG 620/12
81 BG 480
91 JG 610
02 BG 620
78 TR7
83 TR25
kvalois

Post by kvalois »

Thank you, Brian, for all of your help!!! :D
light_my_lucky

Post by light_my_lucky »

Hey Karl,

I assure you that there is one at the shop. I work there every other Saturday. Chris is a one man show, so it is not unusual for him not to answer. Leave a message or an email and he will get back to you. Guitar was super clean and not nicked up. And for clean Toasters are always the way to go, and we usually have them in stock!
Good Luck, I just would love for you to lay your hands on the guitar you are dreaming of!

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”