New original tune with my Byrds brothers

Those who flock to The Byrds
Byrdfan1948

New original tune with my Byrds brothers

Post by Byrdfan1948 »

Hey all, just back from the West coast where I had the chance to write a new tune with my Byrd brother David Whitt, and east coast great musician, and recording buddy, Joe Macaluso, who joined me on the trip. The link below shows the making of the tune, as well as, if you hold on a bit as it ends, the link to the tune itself. You may need to copy and paste the link.
One of the high spots for Joe and I was actually meeting face to face, and recording with, Tom OKeeke, who has posted a few of his totally amazing Byrds tunes on this site!!!
We need to get back to the west coast more often :-) All the best to all !! Al
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBmXyffqcyI
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Re: New original tune with my Byrds brothers

Post by beatbyrd »

Ahh, fickle fame...... I lost my Irish apostrophe AND got my 'f' changed to a second 'k'.

It was great to finally meet Al, Joe, and David and I'm grateful to them for tolerating my screeching attempt at "Let It Be". Thanks for the whole day, guys.............
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
Byrdfan1948

Re: New original tune with my Byrds brothers

Post by Byrdfan1948 »

Hey Sorry Tom!!! Looks like your last name may have been the victim of a bit too much "inspiration" as David defines it, while I was typing that ! Moral of the story, don't drink and type !!! :-). And hey I've enjoyed listening to what you call screeching on Let It Be several times now since I got back !!! Hope we get to do this again, could not have been a better week Al

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”