Ahhhhhh Honey!

Discussing 60s and 70s Garage Band Music
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Ahhhhhh Honey!

Post by elreydlp »

The Honeycombs! I be digging tose Burns Guitars! The Double Six is still on my "must have" list!

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: Ahhhhhh Honey!

Post by jingle_jangle »

Of all the songs I remember from those years, "Have I The Right" has the absolute worst, over-compressed recorded sound. Makes me cringe.
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

jingle_jangle wrote:Of all the songs I remember from those years, "Have I The Right" has the absolute worst, over-compressed recorded sound. Makes me cringe.
Awe c'mon Paul! What do you REALLY think? :D
You gotta love a "Bison" with the "Wild Dog" setting!
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

jingle_jangle wrote:Of all the songs I remember from those years, "Have I The Right" has the absolute worst, over-compressed recorded sound. Makes me cringe.
Ironically Paul, when I pulled up THIS song-my nominee for "Worst Song EVER"-"Have I The Right" was the first song in the queue that wasn't by Bob Lind. Great minds think alike!

rictified

Post by rictified »

I'll have to make it a tie then, I loved that song when I was a kid. I do have to say though, I always thought they had a female singer. :lol:
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

They DO have a female drummer!
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

elreydlp wrote:The Honeycombs! I be digging tose Burns Guitars! The Double Six is still on my "must have" list!
That is a S**t hot tune......one of my FAVES-----

over-compressed?..... :roll: did they have compressors back then? That tune was mixed for dancin'.......perfect Mersey beat, and the singer was GOOD...

The camera couldn't stay off the chick drummer-----and whadda hair-do on that gal.....thanks for puttin' this one on!

A word about the guitars........lord have mercy.....looks like they were made on the Klingon Homeworld......Greco-Roman......Messerschmidt WAR axes :lol: ......I thought they were Teisco, or Harmony......I'm googling Burns as I type.....
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

vynesmusic wrote:over-compressed?..... :roll: did they have compressors back then?
There were some wonderful compressors back then. 8) :D
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

jps wrote:
vynesmusic wrote:over-compressed?..... :roll: did they have compressors back then?
There were some wonderful compressors back then. 8) :D
Sure, but they were the size of a Buick! Not really, but they were made for recording studios.

That's a great British 60s pop record. The leader of The Kootz was telling me the other night that he wanted to learn that song, complete with the foot stomps and handclaps.

Didn't Joe Meek produce that one?
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

drumbob wrote: Didn't Joe Meek produce that one?
For a dude who died in 1875 he sure got around. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: (Sorry, Oregon history geek joke. I'm homesick, you know.)
JimK

Return to “2 Car Garage: by Admin”