Gretsch Country Classic

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

325_fan

Gretsch Country Classic

Post by 325_fan »

Currently there are two kinds; 6122-62 and 6122SP (which is more money because of the pickups and the solid maple body). Do both of these have that big snap on leather thingy on the back?
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

There are, technically, six guitars in Gretsch's Country Classic (Country Gent) lineup. Only three, however, are in the classic double-cutaway six string configuration (you're leaving out the just plain 6122). Gretsch makes no mention of back pads on any of them. That probably means that all 3 have them.

The rumor is that the Country Gentleman name and Atkins endorsement has been wrested back from Gibson, and will return to Gretsch next season. No more "Country Classics", and hinting about "the rafters of Shea Stadium" in catalog copy. (Did Shea have rafters?)
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
325_fan

Post by 325_fan »

Yeah, rafters.......I think they installed them with sky hooks.
skeeterbuck

Post by skeeterbuck »

I thought that "rafters" were folks going down white water rivers in small boats. At least that what they called us when I did it. )Ha Ha Ha!!!

I think that all of the Gretsch Country Classics that originally came with comfort pad backs in the '60 have them on the reissues also.

I know for a fact that the 6122-1962 has one.
red_rob
Intermediate Member

Post by red_rob »

Ooh, is that because you've got one Charles? give us a look!

Of all the models, it's got to be the 6122-1962 surely...
skeeterbuck

Post by skeeterbuck »

Robert, I stand corrected, the one I was referring to was the regular 6122 Country Classic.

I had one but sold it because it was just too heavy (Pre-Fender) and it just didn't sound that good, (Ceramic magnet Filtertrons). But it did have the comfort pad!

Now I have a 6119-1962HT Tennessean and like this one a whole lot better.
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

Now I have a 6119-1962HT Tennessean and like this one a whole lot better.
Plus, you can play rhythm to "I'll Feel a Whole
Lot Better" as well, since Crosby used this same guitar on the original Byrds LP...

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”