johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

+1 - WOW
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

It was posted nearly a year ago, Brian.

Over a year ago it was a lump of routed wood with a bit of undercoat and binding..... show them the darned thing now that it's finished and see what they have to say!!

On second thoughts, MVP might be lurking............. Image
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
firstbassman
Advanced Member

Post by firstbassman »

Oh my gosh. Amazing.
Paul, do you ever sleep?
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

Outstanding work again Paul. Its fun to see your projects unfold. Thanks for posting.

Play the heck outta her, Aitch!
Play what you love, love what you play!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I plan to, Jeff. If things work out OK it will make its debut on stage on March 17th. Image
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

It's arrived safe and sound!! No loose, broken of floating bits - just a pristine guitar. Thanks to Paul's packing I have some extra diapers, too! Image

Now to get it home and play it!!
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

I will not EVEN begin to bite on why Paul would think that YOU needed some extra diapers, Aitch. Unless, he knew that you would %&$# a brick at how good it looks now Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Good stuff Aitch. Wow! What a relief eh?

So it's going to make its debut on March 17 (St. Patrick's Day). How fitting!
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

US style diapers are very hard to find here, Elys. They have special properties that only those 'in the know' can appreciate. Image

You know, Brian....... I hadn't even begun to twig on that one!! Very appropriate indeed!! Image
harvey49
Intermediate Member

Post by harvey49 »

Better bring plenty of monogrammed picks Brian if you think there's a chance of taking that one home with you! Image
Life wasn't meant to be easy
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Yes, Aitch, but especially in the case of diapers, doesn't one need them.... Down Under ? (OK, I am running for cover now lest Aitch fling a rock at me Image )
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Pics!!

And finally........ not only customised, but personalised!! Image

I did some fiddling tonight.....set it up and adjusted the pickup poles - the bridge pickup is awesome!!! Hot as hell!

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Aitch, usually I don't mind (well, not too much, anyway) sending another project back to its owner...and so it was the same with the deVille.

But looking at these photos, I felt a strange sort of nostalgia, and even a bit of separation anxiety. That puppy is a looong way off now.

Someday soon I hope to take you up on your generous offer and visit you and see the deVille once again.

It looks like you left the D'Addario Chrome .011 flatties on it; these I found to be a good match for that bridge pickup. This is by far the juiciest-sounding small Gretsch I've ever played--puts ANY Duo-Jet to shame for that "spanking" vintage Gretsch sound.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

Amazing job, Paul.

And I like the Aitch TRC too!
Play what you love, love what you play!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Ron that TRC has scotched any ideas that I may have had to put a pick under the strings and lay claim to that beauty.

Besides, Aitch will probably only let me get near that one under very close supervision. Image
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”