Know A Good Gretsch Dealer?

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

randyz
Advanced Member

Know A Good Gretsch Dealer?

Post by randyz »

I've had a Gretsch Rancher (dreadnought, orange)on order with Music123 since 11/17/06. This is a standard offering from Gretsch. Music123 have just told me that I'm still backordered and that they missed their estimated ship date for the third time. I had to call them, since they never update me regarding order status. Can you recommend a good Gretsch dealer?
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Randy, have you tried Sweetwater. Again, it is likely a backorder, but maybe shorter. Their sale price for the same model, color is 1500.

www.sweetwater.com
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

My absolute favorite Gretsch dealer is Joel Hibb at Shanghai Guitars in Ponca City, OK. (866) 517-6863. He's a straight shooter, is passionate about Gretsches with good factory connections, and will usually answer the phone himself.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

My local Sam Ash has a bunch of Gretsch's, so you might try them.
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Paul: I'll give Mr. Hibb a call. Oddly enough, the company I work for has a factory location in Ponca City. I'll be visiting the area in about 4 weeks. Thanks!
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Paul: Joel gave me a great deal ($395) and says I'll have the guitar in 3-5 days. Gretsch has them in stock, so I suspect that Music123 is on credit hold and can't order the guitar for me. I just cancelled my order with them. Thanks!

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”