Gretsch white falcon bass

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

WTF!!! ... what is on the back of that bass? a diaper???
gray

Post by gray »

Ha! I hate those things, too. I wish they'd make that optional. How do you protect the back of an instrument by drilling holes in it?

Other than that, I think it's a neat bass. Lots of people will probably think it's too flashy, but if anyone's into Gretsches...
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

I wonder how the feedback issues are? I had a similiar shaped bass back in the 70s that had problems when you got loud with it.
gray

Post by gray »

Well, it has Thundertron pickups, so it probably has painted F-holes, otherwise it would probably feed back like crazy. I'm not sure what it'd be like when you really cranked it up. My guess is that you'd want to hit that standby switch before you got too close to a cranked-up amp with it.
I guess. That's my take on it, anyway.
rictified

Post by rictified »

I love the looks of those basses and the back thing to me is a nice touch, all the hollow Gretsch's had them I believe. I think they are made in Korea now though and that is a lot of money for a Korean bass even though it's a beautiful bass. I had a Gibson EB-2 which is a semi-hollow bass with real F-holes and played it loud right in front of an SVT and never had feedback problems, although I could sustain certain notes for a LONG time if I wanted to, but that was when I was very loud.
freshmattyp

Post by freshmattyp »

They are made in Japan, actually.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

The Wedding Cake Bass!
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
rictified

Post by rictified »

Lot of money for a guitar made in Japan, Image

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”