Gretsch 6120DC - TV Jones?

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

desertgoldenboy

Re: Gretsch 6120DC - TV Jones?

Post by desertgoldenboy »

That is one beauty-ful 6120DC, Rob!

Can someone give me the lowdown on Gretsch's Rocking Bar bridge as compared to the Adjusto-Matic bridge? How does the Rocking Bar hold intonation, since there are no saddles? I'm in the process of choosing a Gretsch but I've been limiting my selection to models with the Adjusto-Matics, figuring I can have total intonation adjustment. Should I consider the Rocking Bar models?
Anyone...? Anyone...?
tamborineman

Re: Gretsch 6120DC - TV Jones?

Post by tamborineman »

Hi Kenn, The rolling bridge is an interesting design with a couple of draw backs, imho. No adjustment for tonallity, other than moving the whole bridge assembly. And it still rocks on its base when the Bigsby is used. I have received my 6118-LTV since my earlier posting. It has the tunomatic which also rocks a little but the base is pinned to the guitar. Less potential for disaster and easy adjustability. This is one of the many little things that add up to a big difference between Gretsch mid-line models and the one that tipically run about 25% more. The roller is the authentic design but I thing the tunomatic work better. I am totally satisfied with my new Gretsch :D

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”