The Going Gretsch Forum

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

admin
Site Admin

Re: The Going Gretsch Forum

Post by admin »

Ilias: Welcome and please give us a full review with photos when it arrives. A wonderful present during the holiday!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
suedehead71

Post by suedehead71 »

i recently bit the Gretsch bullet: lefty Gretsch anniversary model. i fell like a cheating spouse!!----and to clarify: exhilarated and guilty!!
i will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice work Colin. Congratulations. Please give us a full review when you get the chance.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
suedehead71

Post by suedehead71 »

admin wrote:Nice work Colin. Congratulations. Please give us a full review when you get the chance.

will do. i also scored a Rick 330 lefty to add to my 12. 2011 is guitar fever for me.
i will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

suedehead71 wrote:i recently bit the Gretsch bullet: lefty Gretsch anniversary model. i fell like a cheating spouse!!----and to clarify: exhilarated and guilty!!
No need to feel guilty; I play them both as well, guilt-free. :D
suedehead71

Post by suedehead71 »

paologregorio wrote:
suedehead71 wrote:i recently bit the Gretsch bullet: lefty Gretsch anniversary model. i fell like a cheating spouse!!----and to clarify: exhilarated and guilty!!
No need to feel guilty; I play them both as well, guilt-free. :D
Thanks Paul....I'm hope my conscience will survive this difficult transition!! ;)
bvstudios

Post by bvstudios »

To me, Gretsches and Rics work in parallel worlds. Similar orbits, but one feels a little out of place in the other's sphere.

I was a Gretsch guy for over 30 years until I finally got my Ric. Now they both go with me and fill their own special places in my musical world. Ric for jangle (Beatles, Byrds and Buffett), and the Gretsch for twang (Ventures, Eddy & Grafitti) and, if needed- country (Cash, Haggard, etc).

I love both. And I happen to be proud of it.
clsatt

Post by clsatt »

they really do seem to be the only real alternatives to the F and G knockoffs out there. if you don't want something that sounds like everything else (new anyway) get a rick or gretsch.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

clsatt wrote:they really do seem to be the only real alternatives to the F and G knockoffs out there.
You are allowed to say Fender and Gibson on the RRF, they are not profanity. :wink:

Then again, you may have been referring to Fylde and Giannini, or perhaps, Frudua and Guild, or.......... :lol:
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

jps wrote:You are allowed to say Fender and Gibson on the RRF, they are not profanity. :wink:
Ooh, how dare you mention the F-Word :P

I bet he meant Framus and Godin :mrgreen:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
clsatt

Post by clsatt »

Well... yeah. I'm new to this forum and on some of the others that I frequent it's considered good manners when giving a dig at a major manufacturer to use F or G or even R for that matter because they have sort of created the industry as we know it today. although I supose I was talking about all the other companies that do the same thing as them and not so much about Fender or Gibson directly. :roll:

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”