Official George Harrison Duo-Jet

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: Official George Harrison Duo-Jet

Post by jingle_jangle »

Forrest, for $20K you could have your choice of anywhere from four to eight of Gretsch or Rickenbacker's juiciest offerings... think of all the ding-inducing fun you could have with multiple beauties like that!
fabandgear

Post by fabandgear »

Paul, if I had 20,000 large to spend on guitars, you'd be the first guy I'd be talking to! Those acoustic Ricks look good enough to eat! :D :D :D
"When I kill, its on direct orders from Her Majesty's government." -007
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

The newest GH Sig model that I posted the link to is not a relic, though from the photos, it looks like the rear strap button is moved to the spot where GH, or the original owner, or perhaps even Gretsch, placed the strap button that year. It's only $5K, which is only about $1350 more than the other Jet models. I would probably save the $1350 and buy a non-sig model Gretsch Jet if I were in the market, but I wanted to update this discussion when I received an email notification a few days back, because a few forumites had asked about this during the initial discussion, IIRC. :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

paologregorio wrote:...it looks like the rear strap button is moved to the spot where GH, or the original owner, or perhaps even Gretsch, placed the strap button that year. It's only $5K, which is only about $1350 more than the other Jet models.
I'll move the strap button for you for a mere $500, think of all the money you'll save. :mrgreen:
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

jps wrote:
paologregorio wrote:...it looks like the rear strap button is moved to the spot where GH, or the original owner, or perhaps even Gretsch, placed the strap button that year. It's only $5K, which is only about $1350 more than the other Jet models.
I'll move the strap button for you for a mere $500, think of all the money you'll save. :mrgreen:

What a guy :D
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Here we go, we can compare the two for taste...I can already tell you which one I like better, the G6128-1957 TDS :P

http://www.fullersguitar.com/Gretsch/Gu ... lypage.tpl
http://www.fullersguitar.com/Gretsch/Gu ... lypage.tpl

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”