Moderators: ajish4, cjj

fretbuzzard

New Duane Eddy Signature Model

Post by fretbuzzard »

Looks pretty cool to me:
paologregorio

Re: New Duane Eddy Signature Model

Post by paologregorio »

Nice to see a Duane Eddy Sig model back in the Gretsch lineup, and one that is not a relic!
jch
Intermediate Member

Post by jch »

This looks like a class guitar,and it's a regular production model not a Custom Shop instrument.

I wasn't expecting the trestle bracing !
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jch wrote:This looks like a class guitar,and it's a regular production model not a Custom Shop instrument.

I wasn't expecting the trestle bracing !
arched/scooped out area=less wood, more resonance? I have a `55 era, Western (DSW) 6120. wonder if the DE sig model is that different. I didn't even know what trestle bracing was before the video, but it's nice to know that Gretsch pays attention to the details. I've been pretty impressed with every RI Gretsch I've bought, and I say this as one who owns two oldies from the 50s and 60s as well.
fretbuzzard

Post by fretbuzzard »

From what I understand trestle bracing actually stiffens the body of a hollowbody guitar by coupling the back to the top at more points. It's supposed to cut down on feedback. I know that Brian Setzer was big in convincing Gretsch to go with this bracing style on some of their newer reissues because his original '59 had this bracing style. I think the DSW has the more traditional "sound post" bracing.

Here's trestle bracing:
Attachments
j3022vl9.jpg
jch
Intermediate Member

Post by jch »

Why i'm so surprised is that mine and Duanes original guitar don't have trestle bracing,they never did!

I'd love to try one of these ,just to see if i can hear any difference.I've never heard a Dyna Gretsch with trestle bracing before,there where a few made back in the 50's though,transition models.

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”