Best years for a Duo-Jet?

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

JackAlan

Best years for a Duo-Jet?

Post by JackAlan »

Hi Ya'll,

I've been out of service for a bit and was wanting to expand on my guitar collection for Fall. 3 big questions to be thrashed around here:

1) What year (s) would you all say is the BEST year for a Duo-Jet w/ DynaSonics? Can get a brand new CG for just under $2100 delivered new from a dealer (2011 made). It seems to have whiter binding & inlays than the more cream color ones I've seen from say 2004 or 2005.

2) The reasons for your choice of year?

3) Also, what seems to be a reasonable price for a Very Good or Mint CG Duo-Jet?

What say ye? I'm heading on the road for a couple of weeks and may want to jump on this new CG duo-jet when I get back or watch/wait for a good used one.

Thanks for the help. Love my Ric's (and love my 5122DC & Pro-Jet w/ GFS pups for sure to) Just love a Single coil sound like a DynaSonic pup

Jack
I learned everything I know about treating people from my Dog
JackAlan

Re: Best years for a Duo-Jet?

Post by JackAlan »

Hi Guys,

I'm back from vacation and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on a 2004 or 2005 Duo Jet vs. the current versions? Any comparisons would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jack
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jack: I do not think you will be disappointed with the build of the professional Duojet models from 2005 until today. I hear you when it comes to the single coil. I did find the some of the earlier 2000's were heavier than more recent models and I am not sure why.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

The more recent Duo-Jets are great guitars. Mine is very light and has a great sound to it with the Dynasonics. It's a 2006 with aged binding and inlays.
Sarcasm just doesn't come through when you're typing...
JackAlan

Post by JackAlan »

Hi Fellers,

I went with a 2004 Jet in Caddy Green. Think I bought it right, great, not "Mint" like they said it was. Had to ScratchX it and rub it out. Lightly cleaned the gold and now it's just below Mint. I know, I'm just too picky.

Thanks for all the help/input. Love the sound & the way it plays. Exceptionally great git. :D

Jack

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”