Gretsch G5120 Electromatic for sale *** SOLD ***

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Gretsch G5120 Electromatic for sale *** SOLD ***

Post by soundmasterg »

Hey everyone,

My school costs are forcing me to sell some things, so here is an ebay link and a Craigslist link to my 2007 Gretsch G5120 Electromatic that is for sale if you are interested. It is orange, in perfect shape and comes with a hardshell case. It has been upgraded with a bone nut, a pinned bridge, and a stiffer spring for the bigsby. There is no fret wear and no dings or scapes, etc. It is pretty much in better than new shape and plays and sounds great. It has the stock pickups on it, but I did have the TV Jones Filtertrons on it, so it is ready for that conversion should you desire to do it. The holes are drilled for the TV Jones pickups, but are hidden currently under the stock pickup rings.

If you're interested, then PM me. I'll be happy to end the auction early if someone wants to buy it or you can buy it on ebay too.

Thanks for looking!

Greg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gretsch-G5120-Elect ... 1e66354a47

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/msg/2550342113.html
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Re: Gretsch G5120 Electromatic for sale

Post by soundmasterg »

UPDATE:

The guitar sold on ebay within a couple hours. Maybe I should have had a higher price? Oh well, I will now have enough money to pay the mortgage so that is what counts...haha.

Greg
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: Gretsch G5120 Electromatic for sale

Post by JakeK »

I wasn't even online within the time it sold...congrats, Greg, on a quick sale!
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Re: Gretsch G5120 Electromatic for sale *** SOLD ***

Post by soundmasterg »

Thanks Jake.

I should have asked a higher price, but I'm happy it sold so quickly because I needed the money ASAP. I'm in between on financial aid and money is running short because I took all web classes last term and they cost a lot more than the normal classes. Learned my lesson on that one!

I plan to get a Gretsch again once I am done with school and have a job again. Probably a Brian Setzer model, and I'll drill a hole and add a tone control in it. With the trestle bracing and simpler control setup, I think it will sound better than the Electromatic did.

Greg

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”