RIP Ross Hansen

Announcements, Birthdays, Congratulations, Commemorations & Obituaries

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

coolingitdown
Intermediate Member

RIP Ross Hansen

Post by coolingitdown »

Forum member Ross Hansen (username: windchimp) has passed away. My understanding is that he had some kind of accident while doing one of his favorite activities, mountain biking.

He was a good friend to many of us here in southern California as he often attended our SCARF events. He was such a regular attendee that one hardly would have guessed that he lived on the east coast.

He was one of the nicest and most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I didn't get to know him nearly as well as I would have liked.

Please feel free to share any stories or other words about Ross. He will be missed by those who knew him.
2010 4003 FG
1997 4003FL Turquoise
Set neck 4001S (color TBD)
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: RIP Ross Hansen

Post by jps »

R.I.P. Ross. :( I heard about this earlier today from a friend. I had not had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Ross but we shared a couple of MARFs, and the last time I saw him was when Ross was in town for business; Shari & I took him out to one of our favorite Asian restaurants, Tree Country Bistro, on Coventry Road. If he had been around for another day or so we wanted him to experience the Cleveland Orchestra, as he loved classical music but he was just in overnight.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Oh, that is crushing news. Ross was a super nice guy. :(

http://www.newsleader.com/story/news/lo ... /71847432/
collin

Post by collin »

So sad, just terrible news. Ross was a great guy and will be missed at Rickenbacker events. :(
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

This is sad. I posted some pictures on Facebook and I'll post them here too for those that don't do Facebook.

Although he lived on the East Coast Ross used to make it out to some of our local Rickenbacker get-togethers in Southern California when he could. That's where I met him. He was a great guy and will be missed. Rest in Peace.
Attachments
Ric Mini con 2-4-11  hangin out 2.jpg
Ric Mini con 2-4-11  group 6 r1.jpg
Ric Mini con 2-4-11  group 8.jpg
8mileshigher

RIP Ross Hansen

Post by 8mileshigher »

This is very sad news. He attended many MARF and SCARF events and was a very nice guy. R.I. P., Ross.
It will be hard to play an R.E.M. tune at a Rickenbacker Jam in the future and not think about the loss of our friend, Ross. :(

Thanks for posting those pics, Dan-o.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Sad news indeed...
:(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Ross was one of the nicest folks you could ever meet. He was a true friend and always so upbeat and positive. We will miss that man.
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

Boy, if there was a text book definition of a great guy Ross was it.
8mileshigher

RIP Ross Hansen

Post by 8mileshigher »

Here's a couple of pics with Ross when he came out for SCARF in August of 2011

(Photos courtesy of Jim K)
On the pier, looking over the Pacific, at Redondo Beach. with Jim K, Marcee, Rich and Ross
On the pier, looking over the Pacific, at Redondo Beach. with Jim K, Marcee, Rich and Ross
Rich, Jim K, Aitch, Ross and Joey at pre SCARF dinner at Tony's on Redondo Beach pier
Rich, Jim K, Aitch, Ross and Joey at pre SCARF dinner at Tony's on Redondo Beach pier
Thurs-nite.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

The definition of a great guy that would go out of his way to do whatever he could for a friend is Ross Hansen.
I will miss Ross very much. Rest in peace, my friend. :(
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

I spent a lot of time hanging with him at one of the SoCal Rick fests. I think it was 2006. We corresponded a lot after that, and kinda lost touch over the last couple years. Ross was a good guy, and super friendly.

Return to “Landmarks”