COMPARISON OF A 325V59 & A 58C SERIES RICK

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

redramjoey
Veteran RRF member

COMPARISON OF A 325V59 & A 58C SERIES RICK

Post by redramjoey »

To Nick Thiel
Nick, I just recently bought a 325v59 and noticed that everyone is trying to customize their v59s into Lennon specs. Can you tell me what the difference is if any on the body and sound of the v59s and the 58c series? Also when I got my guitar there was lacquer all up and down the neck.
Can you tell me why Rickenbacker put this on these type guitars? Just recently I bought a bow-tie bridge and knobs from Jetglow. Besides the Cavern style jack-plate what else do I need to put on my v59 to make it just like the one John Lennon used on the first Ed Sullivan show? Please help me I'm desperate.
jetglow

Post by jetglow »

Just go to my site.....www.jetglow.com and go to the conversion tips page......I'm sure Nick can help as well. Oh...you might want to ask Tuck Hersey or Keith Sharp as well.
corey

Post by corey »

Hey Wes, will those knobs on your site fit a 360? (Minus of course, the fifth knob)
jetglow

Post by jetglow »

They will fit any rick post.....
Look at Peter's maplego 350 with my knobs on it. It looks really cool..
corey

Post by corey »

Yeah, they look great on Peter's 350. I think I'd get a set if I could get a 5 knob pack somehow. I love the look of chrome knobs.
voxtalks

Post by voxtalks »

You can also try this old thread posted in Vox Talks, it also has some pics of Lennon's guitar in it's various stages:

http://www.voxtalks.com/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=voxtalks&Post=2123

There are a few more details contained within it. For some reason Wes left some of the details out when he copied this stuff from Vox Talks for the "conversion tips" page on his website.

Hope this helps Joey.
jetglow

Post by jetglow »

They are machined aluminum knobs...good stuff indeed thanks.
Yea...when I posted the info..... "under permission"....that was all that was on the thread at the time or maybe the thread was re started with new info.
jetglow

Post by jetglow »

Actually after a quick scan of the thread....it pretty much looks the same...I'll have to compare them when I get home. Check out http://www.beatgearcavern.com

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”