Shergold 8-string

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

I think '72 was the first time I saw them also in Santa Monica, CA. Wasn't that the Foxtrot tour? Gabriel was still doing the vocal leads and Collins (drumming) was the backup. Also had the original lineup with Steve (whats-his-name) on lead guitar. Probably the best visual concert I'd ever been to at that time --- even better that the Bowie 'Spiders From Mars' tour, which shocked me.
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Yeah, they had just come out with Foxtrot, and they were the opening act for It's A Beautiful Day.

You mean Steve Hackett? What a great guitarist! I have seen him a couple times, once with his band in '95 and last year at my local Borders Bookstore solo with a classical guitar. Collins did come out from behind the kit to sing one song.
matbard

Post by matbard »

Yes, I'm a great Genesis fan! I'm only 29, so I "only" saw the replica shows made by The Musical Box(what a great guitar maker they have!). I'm going to se Steve Hackett live here in Florence in it's last theatrical tour on April 26.
The seller of the 8 string bass is a serous guy, I bought a Roland/Boss CE-1 used by Steve in the '70s(sold because I prefer the Fulltone Choralflange). Shergolds come up very often in England and German eBay, less in US. I've got a custom Modulator doubleneck with 8-string bass and 12-string guitar on top bought from UK eBay the last year. It's a very rare beast(possibly a unique piece), made in 1980. I'm a big fan of doublenecks, I also spotted a Jetglo/BT 4080 some years ago in a guitar show in Milan, but the seller wanted almost 4.000 US$!!! I' didn't like the 4080 very much because it sported bolt-on necks and has an uncomfortable arrangement of them(bass on top) as I'm mainly a bass player. I always wanted a sort of Rutherford custom Rick double, but seems there aren't guitar makers capable of doing that here in the old continent...

Return to “The Low End”